1. Please do not install macOS 10.15 Catalina yet, as Native Instruments software and hardware products are not supported under macOS 10.15 yet. For more info, please go HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Sections grow infinitly

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by Mr. RecordBot, Jan 28, 2018.

1. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

Like I already said like 3 times, IMO there should be rules, not going to repeat myself...
    As usual, your sarcasm is very amusing, at least to yourself. Not sure why you're so committed to being the Bug-Police here or what you expect to achieve with that... If you're really that committed then buy a system like his and to be 100% sure if it's reproducible or not, since apparently discussing the issue is meaningless to you as well as a video and other confirmed very similar beta logged bugs.

I have a better suggestion: a "CakeAlexS approved bug" tag and another "CakeAlexS does not consider this a bug" tag, this would for sure make this community much better and all the bugs would be promptly fixed.

2. CakeAlexS

CakeAlexS NI Product Owner

I'll ask again as you appear to be avoiding ..

So what are you doing with this bug tag, tagging validated bugs, tagging what people are saying are bugs, or just tagging what you think is a bug?

I'm not asking what the rules are, I'm asking what is the purpose of the bug tag? It's a simple question please enlighten me.

"I have a better suggestion: a "CakeAlexS approved bug" tag and another "CakeAlexS does not consider this a bug" tag, this would for sure make this community much better and all the bugs would be promptly fixed."

Thanks for that most kind, I can only assume this is some sort of evasive manouvre. I've already stated what makes a reproducable bug is if somebody other than the person who logged the bug can reproduce it. That much should be obvious. When I log a bug the first thing I ask is if anybody is able to reproduce.

But that's not my question (see opening statement).

3. CakeAlexS

I'll make the question even easier..

[​IMG]

You can phone a friend or go 50/50.

4. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

I am the one saying that there should be rules so nor I nor you decide it. But you disregard the fact that i say there must be rules, yet you create this validation rule... non-sense...I am not the only mod here and im also not any sort of dictator like you're implying with that hilarious picture. You're the only person complaining.

At this very moment, i was replying to a bug i reported 2 days ago in the beta, it was reproducible for me but they couldn't reproduce it in the office, so logically, they asked questions and we discuss it... Today I tried to reproduce it again and it didn't bug anymore it was working, but the bug actually happened in the office, so the bug is not consistent or its hard to know the exact steps to reproduce it... According to your awesome logic, this is not a bug and should be disregarded, but clearly, people that actually work in software for real might disagree.

Anyway, here is why I asked for the tag:
    1. Avoid filling the forum with duplicates of the same issue, by having easy reference to point people too so the discussion and details are all in one thread.
    2. Identify the content of the thread before opening.
    3. Hopefully get the attention of the NI staff in charge of logging bugs.
    4. A way for that same person to know which bugs affect more users by the number of people confirming it and hopefully giving those more priority.
    5. A tag is the only way to list related threads.
    6. The above (5) is helpful for those of us who are in the beta program (where bugs are logged) so we can quickly check if there's stuff that is not reported there, I often do it.
    Im done explaining myself to you, you take pleasure in being obnoxious, so with you, this conversation is over, feel free to carry on if you want to do a monolog. Only a fool will attempt to have a debate with an internet troll. If you think I am doing a bad job as Mod feel free to apply yourself, I do this for free in my spare time because I enjoy helping people out not to bring more stress into my life.

Have a nice day.

5. CakeAlexS

So my take on what you have written is that bug tags are NOT a way to identify reproducable bugs (and what I mean by reproducable is bugs that can be reproduced by somebody else other than the bug logger).

At least I finally know now, so I don't need to waste my time any more on this tagging thing if they aren't to be correctly validated. There we go I move on I don't need to care about this.

As a side comment..

What's wrong with you today? You put words and phrases in my mouth. I never called you a dictator, I never said you were doing a bad job as a mod either. The only thing I said you were was evasive, because I was asking a straight forward question and all I was getting was you calling me a troll several times, bug police, complainer (that may be valid), obnoxious (perhaps), monologuer. You also invent some story that I think all bugs should be approved by me and then call me a sarcastic person (well the second half is true, the first half and second, take look in the mirror).

BTW you don't own the monopoly of trying to help people, I think I've done that several times in these forums myself.

Grow up.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  6. Mr. RecordBot

Mr. RecordBot NI Product Owner

Sorry, haven't been around for a while. The issue happens on my Desktop PC and my Laptop, and before that it used to happen on an Acer Tablet-PC I owned (but it broke). In fact this is where the issue appeared first, but the Tablet was faulty anyway, had some other issues (Reaktor 6 crashed on every load) and NI support blamed it, in the end I did the same.

My Laptop is this one: https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B0773GTX64/

Besides Maschine itself the usual suspects are of course Windows 10, 4k / multi-monitor setup and Nvidia drivers maybe.. but I don't have this issue in any other software. Anyone else still using the RME HSDPA 9632 PCI (not express)? It's pretty old, but I'm blindly guessing and on the other hand my laptop doesn't use this card.

I don't know. This is pretty annoying. I didn't show it in the video, but it also happens when selecting midi notes with the rectangle, quite often in fact.