Serial and Licenses Question

Discussion in 'STUDIO FX' started by ATI, Nov 27, 2012.

1. ATI

ATI Forum Member

i recently purchased the vintage compressors bundle but havent yet downloaded it to my machine and im wondering is there a time period for how long you have to activate my product and can i only have vintage compressors on one machine or two? thanks :)

2. jackn2mpu

jackn2mpu NI Product Owner

Do you have the demos for VC on your machine or is it just that you haven't downloaded what you purchased? If you have the demos on your machine the only time limit you have is what is imposed by the demo. The demo and what you purchased are the same thing. Only difference is to get a fully functional product you have to enter the serial numbers for each of the products into the Service Center which will activate your stuff.

As to running the same license on more than one machine - not sure. Never tried that.

3. ATI

ATI Forum Member

I haven't downloaded them at all on my machine as in the new year im getting a new computer and waiting until then to install them and license them to that new computer. I was worried that if you didn't activate your product within x amount of days the serial number becomes invalid. Your saying that doesn't happen?

4. jackn2mpu

Not that I know of. You may want to email NI and see what they say to be sure. How long into the new year are you waiting to get that new machine? If you're waiting on new MacPro desktops I'd not hold my breath. Go ahead and install the plugs on your current machine and get them authorized. You can always have the authorization moved over because like I said I don't remember if NI allows use on multiple machines at the same time.

5. ATI

ATI Forum Member

turns out ill be able to get the macbook by the end of the 31st of december special that way i wont loose out on the guitar rig deal problem solved :)

6. ATI

ATI Forum Member

i spoke to soon haha it wont be here until after the new year :(
    where can i ask NI about moving licenses over to my mac? do they have an email address because i cant find one

7. jackn2mpu

Actually it's easy to find an email address if you go to the NI home page. Towards the bottom of the page is a hyperlink marked Contact Info. Click on that and it'll take you to a page with various points of contact. Take it from there.