Session String 2 included in Session Strings 2 Pro ?

Discussion in 'KONTAKT' started by The Sarge, Jun 12, 2019 at 6:25 AM.

1. The Sarge

The Sarge NI Product Owner

hello dear readers,

I´ve bought K12UCE and wondered that this time I only got the Pro-version of Session Strings 2 - for version 1 I got the "normal" and the Pro

when listening to the demo-tracks and watching the walkthrough the "normal" of SS2 sounds for my ears more intimate so hence the questions:

1) is all of the SS2 contained in the SS2 Pro?
    2) can the SS2 Pro instrumentation be reduced to 11 musicians (as in the SS2) as mentioned in the item description? if yes, how? ;)
    3) is there a way to get SS2 "normal"? because I think the samples must be different :confused:

thanks and regards,
    The Sarge!

2. EvilDragon

EvilDragon Moderator Moderator

1. AFAIK, yes. SS2 samples are one half of the sample pool, one of the two seating positions recorded.

2. You can. Clicking on the instrument(s) on the GUI will give you options to load first or second seating position or both of them, for every instrument (in case of ensemble patch). It's in the manual ;)

3. You can still use your SS2 normal next to SS2 Pro. SS2 Pro doesn't replace SS2 when installed. However, the samples are very much the same. SS2 Pro has more processing options, though (separate comp/EQ per seating position and section, in addition to global comp/EQ/color/delay/verb).

Last edited: Jun 12, 2019 at 8:00 AM
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. The Sarge

The Sarge NI Product Owner

thank you EvilDragon :thumbsup:
    clicking on the instrument...never became that idea in mind

to "3." : I don´t own SS2 normal, due to NI as they offer it only on it´s own or only in K12, but not K12U neither K12UCE :(

4. EvilDragon

EvilDragon Moderator Moderator

Then you'll just have Pro. No biggie. Use half the sections and that's the SSP2 regular sound, pretty much.

• Informative Informative x 1