Smart Playlists in Traktor: WHEN?

Discussion in 'Feature Suggestions' started by NReek, Jun 3, 2011.

1. marana

marana NI Product Owner

+1 for smart playlists (without having to use iTunes).
    At a minimum though, being able to do BOOLEAN searches in Traktor should be implemented asap. So simple and powerful but still missing after all these years...ugh

2. Jaxx2002

Jaxx2002 New Member

If we constant bumped up this one and keep asking for smart playlists maybe one day ...

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. Hanginon

Hanginon New Member

Smart Playlists, Please!!!

4. marana

marana NI Product Owner

Smart playlists (and boolean searching) much overdue! Please implement asap

5. andyfoz

andyfoz NI Product Owner

it does boolean search, doesnt it?

6. Scoox

Scoox NI Product Owner

Oh for goodness sake NI can we have this thing already????? It's been nearly 8 years since this thread was started. What's going on? Literally nobody gives a flying <very rude word> about stems and sample packs and looks (I still prefer the stereo VU meters in Traktor Pro 2). Please stop "innovating" and do existing feature requests first. After 8 years using Traktor exclusively, I never thought I'd say this but I'm actually considering Rekordbox because of compatibility with club gear and library management features.

• Like Like x 1
  7. jam_rs

jam_rs New Member

So, what will happen now that iTunes ceases to exist on Mac OS Catalina and upwards?

Will we finally get native smart playlists?

8. KLM

KLM New Member

+1 And similar function as My Tag in rekordbox. Traktor needs better library managment.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  9. kaskone

kaskone NI Product Owner

loyal user since many years, i am surprised to see how bad track management compared to Pioneer.
    sorry , i will have to jump to that ship ;(

10. DJ Flex I

DJ Flex I NI Product Owner

Since this has been requested from so many users and still not done, to me it looks like traktor browser is so badly written.. that the only way to add filters, tags, related tracks, etc.. that all other software has, maybe they have to do a complete rewrite of the browser part.
    I would like to see smart playlists in the next updates, but most probably we'll get another cool feature, that noone will use (or less than 1%). NI are very good at this :)

• Like Like x 1
  11. djaytek

djaytek NI Product Owner

Definitely agree!
    NI please add Smart playlists (and boolean searching) functionality!

12. AlMagnifico

AlMagnifico New Member

Smart Playlists, My Tags, Boolean Search, Crates...a lot of things would be nice to have, but what really drives me crazy is that there is no secondary list view! I want to have a playlist and a browser view (search result, explorer folder...) side by side so that I can sort my stuff into lists like every other programs does it! I want to have a "coming next" list as a side list, too, to make autoplay really working for me. And so on.
    In other words: Every improvement of library searching or tagging is worthless when there is no improvement in preparing lists.

13. Karlos Santos

Karlos Santos Rocket Man Moderator

This is sightly off topic. I'd prefer if people kept this thread focused on 'smart playlists'.

FWIW I completely agree... I requested a split browser in 2008, even made a mock up of it (you can find it if you search 'split browser'.
    I have a feeling that we will see something like this in a future version of Traktor - I know it's on the devs radar:thumbsup:

14. alec.tron

alec.tron NI Product Owner

I really do hope we see it in the following order...
    1 - metadata i/o fixes & features (multi value, custom fields, reliable read/write behaviour & customizatione)
    2 - browser rework, making use of the above
    3 - smart playlists, utilizing both of the above.
    3b - elastic beatgrids

For T3 & TDJ2... one can hope...right...?

c.