Solid Dynamics - Gate / Exp NOT responding to signal

Discussion in 'STUDIO FX' started by jeffo, May 8, 2014.

1. jeffo

jeffo NI Product Owner

Hi,

I'm having troubles getting the Gate / exp section. It seems to just work as if there's a fixed signal coming in. If I set it range to 12 and threshold to +10 for example, it shows (and I hear) -12db of reduction. If I turn Thresh down, eventually around -20 to -25 db it starts opening up till there's 0 db of reduction - but it does NOT respond to my inputs at all!

Has anyone else seen this? I'm using Cubase 5.5.

Also - I tried to check which version - and SD shows version 1.0.0 - and I KNOW I tried to update all the FX plugins. I updated through Service center. Is that the issue? Are there problems with SC running the installs?

Currently I'm trying to DL / install the SOlid FX once again; but I would think the gate / exp not working would have been an issue fixed before releasing 1.0. Any ideas let me know!

Thanks.

2. jeffo

jeffo NI Product Owner

update - It seems that using Stereo Link affects this - as soon as I turn stereo link off, the Gate seems to work again.

This is on a mono channel, so it makes a bit of sense - however, I'd expect if it was looking for a stereo channel it would be summing both sides, not ignoring the input completely.

3. jeffo

jeffo NI Product Owner

Now trying to get the plugins updated - When I extract the installers manually, and run them as admin, I have to change a couple install parameters.

If Service Center is going with the defaults, then no wonder I can't use it for updates!

1. It defaults to install the "main application" but NO plugin formats! I have to manually turn the VST install on.
    2. The install directories for VST plugins (32 & 64) are both wrong.

Argh. This is a lot of work considering all the vst's in KU9!!! Anyone aware of how to fix this? I suspect there is a "default vst directory" somewhere in the registry that would solve #2, but #1!??

Thanks for any help...