1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Massive X, Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

Sooooo...How About That Update, Eh?

Discussion in 'REAKTOR SESSION' started by gmstudio, Apr 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gmstudio

gmstudio NI Product Owner

Soon, yes, eh?

2. Art5

Art5 NI Product Owner

update?

It'd be nice to have soon, there must be a dozen ensembles in the
    user lib that we can't check out.

Art5

3. pico

pico New Member

i hope soon,its now 5 weeks ago reaktor got a update.

4. gmstudio

I mean, how hard can this be, right?

5. Eto Ami

Eto Ami NI Product Owner

Well, considering the Reaktor 4.1 update broke the program pretty badly and generated page upon page of bug reports and acrimonious feelings towards NI, I'd say it can be pretty hard. I'd rather wait and get a patch that works right the first time than hobble along with incremental updates that just get in the way of my music making.

6. gmstudio

But once 4.1 was stablized (thank for being the guinea pigs, Reaktor users!) shouldn't the port over to RS be pretty easy? It's basically just a "read only" version of Reaktor.

I don't know...all I know is that I have such little faith in NI to being with.

I hate the fact that I like their products.

7. gmstudio99

gmstudio99 Forum Member

Ok...it's been WAYYY more than just a few weeks now...

Anytime, NI...anytime...

8. swiharta

swiharta NI Product Owner

give us the update ni, your service is sucking for reaktor sessions, i wonder if it will ever be updated

9. scottm

scottm NI Product Owner

death…
    taxes…
    waiting for NI updates

10. gmstudio

We are totally cut off from the User Library at this time, since the newest ensembles aren't compatible with our version of RS.

Boy, this feels like Dynamo all over again.

Why the crap do I keep placing trust in NI? I can't believe I let myself get so freaking screwed over by this company so many times.

Keep pouring out the new products, keep providing crappy support for exisiting products...ugh

11. JAB3

JAB3 NI Product Owner

Yet another dissapointed customer

Diddo!!! I'm writing the company a letter. This is the last time i will buy a NI product. First they tell me that although the side of the box says it supports WinME (bought it in Dec. 2003), they are not supporting it in future versions.

Now they won't provide any updates. And I am lucky if I even hear back from tech support after my inquiry. They probably don't even read this forum.

I am starting to believe that there markets for Dynamo, Reaktor Session and the likes are rip offs. They give you just enough to get you interested and then deliberately taint the product to entice you to upgrade.

With all of the lower priced competitor solutions and other options, I won't let lightning hit me anymore.

12. JAB3

JAB3 NI Product Owner

I sent this to Tech Support

This is what I just sent NI. You guys should feel free to give them direct feedback. Paying customers deserve to get better service.

[--> I feel totally disappointed and ripped-off that you have not provided any updates to Reaktor Session.

When do you plan on updating Reaktor Session?
    Or should I ask, do you ever plan on doing so?

First your support tells me that although the side of the box says it supports WinME (bought it in Dec. 2003), you are not supporting it in future versions. That was painful, and I will eventually get over that one. But now, I cannot even reap the benefits of a usable product with the R4 ensemble online library, because you haven't upgraded Reaktor Session.

On the forums others users feel the same way, reflecting on similar outcomes with the Dynamo product.

I normally tend to be a cordial person, but I don't understand why I have spent $300 on a product that I cannot reap the full benefit from.

There are alot of dishonest users out there that use cracks of software for free. I am a paying customer. What reward do we get?

If Reaktor Session was intended to be no more than a demo version/dead-end version of Reaktor, why was it marketed as a upward priced product?

I apologize if this is coming out rudely, but right now I am simply an unhappy customer on the way to becoming a former NI customer for life. There are plenty of other competitors out there that have quality products and support for lower prices.

Thanks in advance for your reply.

regards,
    John Brown

13. JAB3

JAB3 NI Product Owner

I apologized for being a little too harsh

I got this response from NI support. I felt a little bad and I apologized for my tone and impatience.

regards,
    John

14. gmstudio99

gmstudio99 Forum Member

Don't apologize, JAB...they said "a few weeks" after the Reaktor update, and it's been a few months.

15. aqaraza

aqaraza NI Product Owner

when i had troubles with recievig my shipment of RS in the first place, and complained to support, i eventually was heard by a gal in Cali who was swamped with problems to fix and a language barrier to higher-ups in Germany. she explained that, despite appearances, they are not a super-massive company, and whether or not i am simply gullible, i chose to believe her.

here is what i think the situation is. software is created by a teamin germany; marketing is thought up by another team, and marketing's job is to make both the company and the platform to seem like a superhero. this creates a gap between perception and reality. further distribution problems, filtered through yet another team and another language barrier, exacerbate this gap.

i continue to be in the [presumably miniscule] camp of RS users who is perfectly happy to keep on using the functioning version and the myriad of ensembles i have barely scratched the surface of, waiting for an update that actually works.

i got RSin the first place because i was more interested in creating music with such a vast pre-existing supply of materials than in spending all my time troubleshooting.

summary; my theory:

- NI is not as large and omnipotent as they pay their marketing team to make them out to be.
    - NI is plagued by short staffing in the states and language barriers.
    - RS is a product based on the expereince of a certain simplicity and economy, rather than cutting edge tinkering and [thus] bugdom. one price we pay for that [me gladly] is delay.
    - RS update will come, but it will taked awhile. maybe a long while.
    - in the meantime, make music. or buy in to some other system. or both! :)

- aqaraza

16. gains

gains NI Product Owner

Well,

It's good to know I'm not the only one clamouring for an update to RS.

17. squidvishous

squidvishous New Member

AWFUL

Upgrading from Dynamo (a product that took forever to make work, and then only did about 25% of what it was supposed to) to Reaktor Session was a total waste of money.

I did my upgrade about a year ago...
    I am running a MacG4 733mhz 896 ram OSX 10.2.8 with the latest version of ProTools6...with the latest update of ReaktorSession.

And the performance has just been horrible.

I got so angry at this company that I had to try and forget about Reaktor for awhile.

Today - I thought - hey - it's been about 6 months...I'm sure they must have a download to make this thing not suck by now.

But Nooooooooooooo.

I will never buy another product from this company. And I encourage you all to write to Digidesign, as I will, to tell them to stop dealing with Native Instruments.

Digidesign is partially to blame for endorsing this product.

UPDATE NOW!!!!

18. jimalbert

jimalbert New Member

Reactor Session P.O.S.

is it just me or is reactor session the biggest piece of crap software ever encountered?

these are my problems, are they yours too?

-CONSTANTLY crashes protools on OSX
    -morph function... ha ha a joke. Guaranteed crash.
    -does not store your snapshots and des not open in protools with saved settings.
    -just stops output for no reason

am I doing somthing wrong or do others have these problems too?
    it sucks because the programs are actually pretty decent sounding, but you BETTER record them as audio as soon as you tweek 'em how you like.

??

19. Art5

Art5 NI Product Owner

Reaktor Session runs quite well on my 2.66 Ghz PC with Sonar3. I think the product itself is really great.
    But that's mostly because of the user library. (Which us Session
    users are currently locked out of until the UPDATE)

As for Native Instuments the company, I, like many others, am sorely
    dissapointed in their customer service. Unless, you contact some
    of the fine individuals who work for NI, like James Walker-Hall, or
    John Nowak directly, you are unlikely to receive reasonable customer
    support from the designated customer support contacts. James and John
    have anwered my questions and given support in a very helpful manner,
    so I don't want to offend them. But the company as a whole has an
    extremely poor track record for cusotmer service. It took a week for
    me to get a response about how to register the product.
    NI, please improve your business accumen, especially in the area of
    customer support.

P.S. Please release the RS update soon.

20. swiharta

swiharta NI Product Owner

where's the update? Hasn't it been long enough? I think RS sucks too. The user library is great, but the way you have to deal with storing presets in your songs (which I do by storing a (multiple MEGABYTE) copy of the ensemble to my song's project folder) is just rediculous.

I do this because the song then references the copied ensemble file in its project directory (I just put it there to keep things neat), and it then loads the last snapshot that I was using in that ensemble. All other VST instruments I use remember there presets automatically and are loaded up with my songs without me having to do any extra work. If RS could make snapshot recall as simple as it should be (and as it is with most every other VST instrument), it would be so much more practical to work with. And how hard could it be to program this? I get the feeling NI thinks their software idosyncracies make sense, but they don't, they make the software clumsy and frustrating.

Does anyone know of a good/better way to deal with loading snapshots with your songs?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.