1. Please do not install macOS 10.15 Catalina yet, as Native Instruments software and hardware products are not supported under macOS 10.15 yet. For more info, please go HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Sound I/O Persistency when loading Groups

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by Florian G @ NI, Jan 5, 2017.

1. Mr36

Mr36 NI Product Owner

The fact that this wasn't an issue (arguably not even a "feature") in MASCHINE 1.x is one of the most annoying things about this to me (second only to the actual issue itself).

It wasn't the only thing that was unnecessarily changed or left behind either: Pattern tabs were removed and we got the horrific Pattern Manager; step modulation became a 2-point function in place of and instead of just adding to 1.x's 1-point behaviour; Patterns no longer have a place in the browser etc. etc. Yet three years on and these things have still not been rectified/fixed/improved.

So, come on, Mr NI, fix and finish things before adding more half-baked features that no-one wants. :p

• Like Like x 2
  2. jlarrucea

jlarrucea New Member

NI Please fix this issue! No possible full integration with Ableton Live (Drum Racks) until the Sounds Output settings int he Group are kept when loading a new kit! Looking for this fix for such a long time... any idea if it will be included in the next release 2.6.0?
    NI please fix this so that the integration with Drum Racks in Ableton finally works as expected and we can continue buying the Maschine Expansions ;)

3. mickeyl

mickeyl NI Product Owner

4. Scaper7

Scaper7 NI Product Owner

don't hold your breath waiting for NI ... they don't mention it as part of 2.6 in final testing phase ... spend a couple of dollars on Audiomodder VST Bridge instead ... problem solved

5. CH7

CH7 NI Product Owner

This also works for me, but its still not the ideal solution.

Ideally i should be able to create a custom kit, using instruments from other kits of similar instrument types,
    all on the fly, ie in real time, without thinking too much about it. The dream is for an effortless flow allowing me to just concentrate on the music.

6. CH7

CH7 NI Product Owner

I found the following in Machine on the Record #7.

Quote/

Settings for Sounds and Groups are always saved one hierarchy level up. E.g., the channel settings of a Sound are saved in a Group containing that Sound, while the channel settings of a Group are saved in the Project containing the Group. The reason behind this is that the channel settings depend on the context in which they are set, and recalling them when loading the individual item could lead to nonfunctional or even contradictory settings. That is why these settings are not stored per Group or Sound.

Quote/

This seems to support my theory that the preference hierarcy should be used to store an 'overide' for the midi routing for the Group.
    The preference level would become in effect the super level or containing level for the project.

7. dabb

dabb Active Member

will we get this or not?

You guys really like to talk argue bla bla too much
    i cant read threads anymore.

8. CakeAlexS

CakeAlexS NI Product Owner

I figure I'm gonna start an alt-bugs thread. That way nobody can argue with me ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. CH7

CH7 NI Product Owner

As i was saying before no one got back to me...

I found the following in Machine on the Record #7.

Quote/

Settings for Sounds and Groups are always saved one hierarchy level up. E.g., the channel settings of a Sound are saved in a Group containing that Sound, while the channel settings of a Group are saved in the Project containing the Group. The reason behind this is that the channel settings depend on the context in which they are set, and recalling them when loading the individual item could lead to nonfunctional or even contradictory settings. That is why these settings are not stored per Group or Sound.

Quote/

This seems to support my theory that the preference hierarcy should be used to store an 'overide' for the midi routing for the Group.
    The preference level would become in effect the super level or containing level for the project.

• Like Like x 1
  10. certifiedbeatz

certifiedbeatz NI Product Owner

Yup good luck.. 2.6 will be featurea for jam.. and additions i really could care less about...

11. CH7

CH7 NI Product Owner

I know mate, yet there's always the hope.

If enough of us keeps this, and other similarly embarrassing threads alive, Native Instruments just might have this done for 3.0 .
    eg the next paid update.

12. R-Kelly

R-Kelly New Member

what the **** is wrong with this company ??! 2.6 is out and this problem is still not solved !!!!

I was waiting since over 2 years and nothing happend !!!

13. lethal_pizzle

lethal_pizzle NI Product Owner

As per the first post from NI, they are looking into it

• Like Like x 1
  14. dabb

dabb Active Member

They and we looked enough.
    Problem solve is needed rather than look.

Florian - hey look!!
    Glorian - ye yea you cannot..
    Zlorian - ..persist can you?
    Lolorian - notice you assign outputs and
    folorian - Yea yea it changes

Skinalorian - Amazing isnt it? Excellent work guys.

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Kristyan

Kristyan New Member

Yeah me too. What we can see is that the developers team follow the objective to make Maschine an independent DAW to compete with ableton and it is very anoying because no one is going to leave Logic, PT, Cubase or Ableton, etc for maschine when it comes to make serious records. (not before maschinebleton v5 at least).

Let's be serious, it it so hard to make a button to automatize Settings?
    Maschine 2.0 is out since 3 years and half now and people are complaining about this since the very first day.

I suggest that people who are annoyed as I am by this "anti DAW workflow" state, should give bad reviews of maschine on the main music gear databases (Thomann, Audiofanzine, musicradar, musicianfriends etc...)
    If just 20 peoples do that, they will begin to fear about loosing money and maybe spend one or two weeks to fix this.

• Like Like x 4
  16. CakeAlexS

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Kristyan

Kristyan New Member

I wrote a review and posted it on Audiofanzine, Gearslutz ( review section and HipHop forum) and Harmonycentral

http://en.audiofanzine.com/loop-seq...aschine-mkii-black/user_reviews/r.133257.html

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/rap...-ni-maschine-before-reading.html#post12470230

It was super easy because the unconvenience is real.

• Informative Informative x 1
  18. CakeAlexS

Harsh!!... Don't disagree with it at all, apart from the audio tracks. Everything else should be sorted out before that gets introduced imho, that was never a feature I expected when I bought it. And we still have the bugs like the multi midi out bug that needs to be resolved.

In NI's favour they are doing something about some of this..But I guess patience is finally running out. I especially don't like the lack of engagement when it comes to legacy bugs.

I presume you know all about batch midi setup.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2017
  19. Florian G @ NI

Florian G @ NI NI Team

Sorry to hear you feel like this. Just because we didn't release a feature to address this in 2.6 doesn't mean we did not work on it. We simply had these other things still in the pipeline and wanted to get them out first. Having said that, we have already added a feature to the beta version of Maschine which lets you choose to load a Group with or without routing. This should address these issues, and we're planning to get it into the next release.

• Like Like x 9
  20. CakeAlexS

Hi Florian I really appreciate you guys are working hard on this but it's been several+ years we've had these problems, only recently we've had a response which is better than not having one for sure! The enhancements you are doing (not just this one) are exactly what is necessary (although the audio track to me should hardly be priority, I would like the sequencer and the midi sorted out first). Please less fairy dust and more meat and potatoes basically (what about aftertouch for instance) the trimmings that your marketing folks like should come later, you basically have little choice imho or watch people move to other competitive products.

There is also this jam issue (dim lighting) no official statement about that. Is there a faulty batch for instance. If I want to buy jam how do I ensure I don't get a faulty one?

And most if not all the other bugs we've seen reported in these forums have had a non existent response with the exception of a few regression issues. I contacted support a while back and got no response, not even a repro confirmation. I also question the core midi implementation itself.

It's tremendously fraustrating and I appreciate you are probably going through those feelings yourself, I suspect the team has a lack of resources or spread too thinly for a faster turnaround. I know development is slow, hard and complex, I am a developer myself. Anyway please make no mistake we are on your side ultimately. But it is nearly March 2017 now.

• Like Like x 3