Soundflower equivlent for PC?

Discussion in 'Technical Issues (Archive)' started by Knobbe, May 12, 2014.

1. Knobbe

Knobbe New Member

2. Uwe303

Uwe303 NI Product Owner

Hello,

what you wanna do? maybe there is a better way then virtual audio cables??

Uwe

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Rockin'n'Shockin

Rockin'n'Shockin NI Product Owner

jack was to fiddly for me :oops: tried a few other tools dunno their names anymore but i cudn't rip anything with win7. at least i found this.
    http://www.abyssmedia.com/isound7/

works like a treat for me :cool:

4. Knobbe

Knobbe New Member

Thanks for the reply's. I'm only using it to sample whatever I find on the web, at this point in time. Just trying to get my new PC all set up.

5. Uwe303

Uwe303 NI Product Owner

for that virtual audio cable is good but it costs money i think, jackaudio is a little bit complicated but for free
    both will do the job but there are also audio and video grabbers for that

Uwe

6. jms3music

jms3music Member

If using Firefox as your Web browser, I strongly recommend Video DownloadHelper, which I have been using for seemingly forever. It is intended to download/convert a variety of video files, but can also convert to MP3, including the audio only of online/offline video files. In fact, this is exactly how I grabbed the audio from the public domain film Duck and Cover for my piece of the same name on SoundCloud.

The downside to this method is that if you want only a very small piece of audio from a long video, you will need to grab the entirety of the audio, then chop it up separately in Maschine's sampler or in another program. If you want multiple segments of the audio, or are not entirely certain which segments of audio will ultimately be used, this enables capturing it all in one take.

7. Ripken

Ripken New Member

Does anyone know where I can learn how to use audio cables or another program to sample into maschine? Having a little trouble getting set up. Thanks.

8. Uwe303

Uwe303 NI Product Owner

• Like Like x 1
  9. Ripken

Ripken New Member

Thanks ! Awesome!

10. Jack Torcello

Jack Torcello New Member

Try TotalRecorder by High Criteria - records direct from the sound card

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. mevans

mevans Member

I'm having severe trouble trying to get my sampling set up. Before I download this i-Recorder, how complicated is it to get set up? Can you sample stuff straight from your PC, ex. iTunes, YouTube. etc? Do you have any screen shots?

12. Demetrius Burey

Demetrius Burey New Member

13. Tooshka

Tooshka NI Product Owner

You don't really need a virtual audio cable to do any of this if you have a built in soundcard like a realtek HD or so on, you just go to mixer and change the record source to master, this will record whatever is playing out of the master channel of the built in interface, quite a lot (Most in fact) of add on audio interfaces offer the same built in functionality too.
    However if you are recording something from the net, then you will find it wont record in to Maschine itself (The record master will be in WDM, Maschine will want ASIO or WASAPI, this is not really a bad thing anyway, record first in to an application like Wavosaur (Best free audio editor on Windows, developed slowly but actually by musicians and great developers, check out their oldschool rave plugin too hahaha) then edit and save your samples for use in Maschine)

In reality this is a much preferred method to recording direct to Maschine because you are using a much better audio editor than the one built in to Maschine, however, any digital information that exists inside your computer, if it be audio already on your computer, audio from the internet, or audio playing from a dvd or movie or whatever should always be ripped rather than recorded, it is much better to work with the original recording than a recording of a recording, even things you think that cant be ripped can be ripped using something like Assniffer (Cockos) but i would personally suggest you avoid stream from You tube or anything else that uses heavy audio compression.