1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

Still get crackles

Discussion in 'Technical Issues (Archive)' started by Mr Mahogany, Feb 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr Mahogany

Mr Mahogany NI Product Owner

FunkyD

Yeah ,i did double check the status of the box when I started getting crackles again. I was really sad to see it unchecked as things had been okay.

I see your point on this but I'm not sure if most of the problem is with Cubase . As you say others make their hardware/ software combinations work with this daw. I think Cubase is at least one of the top 3 DAWs in use. Not tyring to say its all that important where the fault lies but I think N.I. could fix this easier than Steinberg.

So far I've had major concerns with Maschine but N.I. has addressed each one and 1 year after buying I'm happy with it. I'm worried that in this case however,the relative small number of users experiencing crackles long term won't cause N.I. to make a fix soon.

2. Funky D

Funky D Forum Member

Try checking the box, clicking ok, and then going back and unchecking the box and clicking ok again. This is what I meant by Cubase resetting the option... sometimes its unchecked, but Cubase performs as if it's enabled.

We should probably submit bug reports if this still happens with the new beta. I agree NI has a better chance of fixing this than Steinberg... Perhaps by the time Cubase 7 comes along we'll get strong multiprocessor support, a working 32bit VST bridge, etc. etc. That is, if Reaper and/or Studio One doesn't render Cubase obsolete :D

3. Funky D

Funky D Forum Member

I just tested this in Windows 7 (Pro 64bit) and Maschine doesn't seem to have dropout problems with multi-processing enabled. Are any of you using Vista or Win7? Cubase gets a bigger performance boost in Win7 as well...

I'm wondering if this is because Win7 has better multicore support than XP?

4. Mr Mahogany

Im using XP 64x

5. Sparksta

Sparksta NI Product Owner

Well im making my Beat first so its not that bothering. Later when i load VST and stuff i turn on multi support again.

What did you mean by dont stress? So the multi-support will also cause problems when the project grows?

If yes ill try the whole thing on win7. But i guess my Projects wont work after that...

6. ew

ew Moderator Moderator

Why wouldn't they?

ew

7. Funky D

Funky D Forum Member

I've had mixed results with multicore support in Cubase under XP... it seemed to make more of a performance impact under Win7. I admittedly haven't done enough testing with it on vs. off, XP vs Win7 to understand the full impact on performance, so YMMV.

8. Sander Balkema

Sander Balkema New Member

same problem here, ill keep reading this thread and hope that there will be a solution soon

9. dubnspace

dubnspace NI Product Owner

another one here getting the bad crackles in Cubase 5. Turned off multicore support as suggested and they seem to have gone.. hoping it stays that way, but it's an unfortunate solution.

10. jete246

jete246 NI Product Owner

Cubase's multi-core implementation after all these year is still sh*t. I've had this problem on the last 3 systems I've owned.

During playback in a project, after a while the Cubase CPU meter will get all jumpy and to fix this you have to turn the multi-core support option OFF, and then ON again. This will then 'calm down' the CPU meter, until it's goes all jumpy after a while. This 'fix' has kept me going through the years.

So, when my newly purchased Maschine was making my CPU meter jump like crazy in Cubase 5, the first thing I did was to try the 'multi-core option workaround'. Unfortunately, as suggested in this thread, I actually had to leave the option OFF to fix the problem. Even though the CPU meter was hitting just 40% usage max, I still got the pops and crackles with multi-processor support option turned ON.

I'm running Cubase 5.1.1 (32-bit) on a Intel I7 Core 9.20 with a RME HDSP 96/32 audio interface on Windows 7 64 (I've disabled all the EIST, C1E etc features). I've still got loads of CPU power left after turning OFF the multi-core support option, but still; It's ridiculous I even have to do this.

11. Mr Mahogany

Not clear to me why this is Cubase's fault. I have the entire Komplete line since v2 and all Spectrasonics synths plus 13 external synths and never had crackles til I got Maschine. I think there may be something in cpu utilization that N.I. could be doing better.

12. defex741

defex741 New Member

I had been using maschine with cubase for a year or so and everything was working fine, now i have connected an XITE-1 (uses a small card and HDMI cable as connection) as the audio interface instead of EMU 1212 and i was getting some crackles when hitting pads, and especially when using the browse button, disabling multicore support has fixed it for now.

fortunately I do not need to run many VSTis anyways (just virus Ti, monome stuff, and maschine) but for people who do this is a bit of a burn, especially if you bought a quad core.

13. a.tom.x

a.tom.x New Member

Crackles Cubase 5.5 multi-processor disabled

Hi,

I have MOTU PCI-424 system (6 Gb RAM, Intel Core 2 2.13 GHz, Windows 7 64-bit).

I have no problem with Maschine in standalone mode, but under Cubase 5.5 it is virtually useless. The crackles are hearable under all latency settings up to 33 ms.

I do not use any other VST instruments except E-mu Emulator EX3 (it works without any problem), the rest of my studio is strictly hardware based (I am working with 96 audio INs and there are also no problem with the system performance).

The multi-processor is disabled, but with rather slight improvement (little less crackles) and also the other tweaks in BIOS made. Still no result :( I have another 3 friends with the same problems (they have much faster computers and RME cards).

Can I run the Maschine as standalone application via MIDI without Cubase integration?

Is NI going to solve the problem or shall I go back to the Akai?

Tomas

14. sirjai

sirjai New Member

I´m gettin dropouts too under cubase 5.5 with fireface 400, i7-975 XE @ 4x4,13GHz, 6GB Ram, WinXP 32bit.
    Disabling multi processor mode seems not to be an improvement.

They really have to fix this!

15. ColdSteel

ColdSteel NI Product Owner

Even with Maschine 1.51 and Cubase 5.51 the problem still exists. There must be a solution ...

16. ColdSteel

No news on this one?

17. yaren

yaren Account Suspended

mmm seems like NI stuff (especially maschine) doesnt like PC's
    every person in this thread is talking about PC related issues...

really sucks doesnt it

but ive noticed everyone here talking about Cubase

id say its a Cubase problem

Cubase's fault

time to move onto pro tools
    the only solution for good results

18. ColdSteel

Well, when hitting the pads on the Maschine controller causes crackling then I think it is Maschine's fault. The Maschine software itself works nicely - it's only the controller that is causing problems.
    And no, ProTools is no solution :)

19. ew

ew Moderator Moderator

To all of you having this problem- try your dongle in a different port. Do things change?

Just curious,
    ew

20. Mr Mahogany

Many silly statements and jumping to conclusions. I had this issue and solved it by turning off multi processor. Lots of people have Pc's ,Cubase and Maschine and don't have crackles or fixed the issue. Why cloud the issue with "move to pro tools" non sense.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.