Supreme Edition MOD (Traktor S8 Screen + Mapping MOD)

Discussion in 'KONTROL S5/ KONTROL S8' started by Aleix Jiménez, Feb 24, 2019.

1. Aleix Jiménez

Aleix Jiménez NI Product Owner

Then if it doesn’t work, i guess that it’s not possible! One thing though, you’re trying to replace the Browser folder of his mod from Otctober? Because then it won’t work as there are certain references on thoae archieves that refer to folder which have been changed of place on Traktor 3! So you should wait for his 2.0 Mod version and then try again!
    What features are you looking for though?

2. Dimastii

Dimastii New Member

I would like the browser to look like this

Attached Files:

• 1.PNG
      1.PNG
      File size:
      52.2 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: May 5, 2019
  3. Aleix Jiménez

No worryes, displaying 9 and up to 12 lines is something that i have on my to do list, plus being able to personalize it through the preferences tab on the S8!

4. Dimastii

Dimastii New Member

Thanks, Aleix! with your mod I like more and more my s8!

5. Nick Moon

Nick Moon NI Product Owner

It does not surprise me copying my Browser QML files on top of either the standard QML files or Aleix's does not work!

Next time I'm developing I'll take a quick look at what may be needed to make this an option. One thing that did not make it into mods v2 is some form of browser search, possibly using an encoder to select A-Z, 0-9 etc. This will be a major challenge as we don't have access to the Traktor search functions so will have to write it all myself!

Last edited: May 9, 2019
  6. Vm3100

Vm3100 NI Product Owner

This is great work, will this work with the Kontrol D2 ? and if not are they any plans for it to happen ?

7. Aleix Jiménez

Hey, i don't have any Kontrol D2, so in theory i'm not planning to do any work for the D2, as i can't test it. However, if Nick can port it to the D2, then it would be possible! I must say though, that if you own a D2 you might be more interested in Nick Moons 2.0 mod, as it's intended to work for the Kontrol D2 too!

8. Aleix Jiménez

It doesn't surprise me either...
    Interesting feature the one from the browser, as i had a couple of ideas related to search functionality to implement in FUTURE (long term) updates! I'll lett you know my approach through private message Nick

• Like Like x 1
  9. Vm3100

Vm3100 NI Product Owner

Okay that's fine, I'll look into it. Thanks for the reply.

10. Nick Moon

Nick Moon NI Product Owner

I develop my mods mainly on D2 and then check on S8 :) https://www.native-instruments.com/forum/threads/moonbeams-mods-v2-beta-1.355915/

I can't see any reason why Aleix's mods will not work on a D2, the exception being some functions in the S8 Mixer section where we are both looking at some changes to the FX assign buttons. I can assist with D2 checking of his mods...

• Like Like x 1
  11. Caleb Grayson

Caleb Grayson NI Product Owner

i tried to put my S8 into MIDI mode and it wouldn’t go. wondering if that’s caused by these updates.

12. Spammmy9

Spammmy9 New Member

HEY ALEX, WHEN DO YOU REALEASE YOUR FINAL VERSION 2.0???

13. Dimastii

Dimastii New Member

• Aleix Hi! is it worth updating to the latest update? will your mods work? have you updated?

14. Dimastii

Dimastii New Member

Hello Aleix! I was up to version 3.2 and now the KEY is not displayed on S8 displays. How to fix it?

Last edited: Jun 26, 2019
  15. Aleix Jiménez

Hi, i still have to look at the new update and see what has changed! Keep in mind that the update is ained to improve Harmonic Mixing, so they might have changed something related to the key functions! Will have to look at it when i can!

16. Aleix Jiménez

Hi! I still haven’t update, but i’m pretty sure they will work, apart from key related things as another used has reported, as Native Instruments might have changed something related to Key because if the Harmonic Mixing update! But will definitively make it work when i’m back to this again!

17. Aleix Jiménez

Hi, i really appreciate that people looks forward to the final release! However, i have to say that since April i haven’t almost had time to do almost anythibg as i’ve had a lot of work to do, and until the 14th of July to be honest i won’t be able to do anything, so don’t expect any new big release till the end of July, sorry for that... but i’ll keep working and if i have something big or something worth to post, i’ll post it to inform everyone! :):thumbsup:

18. Dimastii

Dimastii New Member

Yes, most likely it is because of the harmonic changes in fashion, in the future I would like to be able to see changes on the display when changing the key by a semitone that were made in version 3.2, I think it would not be bad!

19. Witzman

Witzman NI Product Owner

Yeah, i am looking myself in the qmls for that.
    With mapping i am already able to map the shift button for modifier1 and the Diplay Buttons 4 & 8
    [​IMG]

Now i only need to find out where i can get the name of the variable to display for "resulting key".

This should happen somewhere in C:\Program Files\Native Instruments\Traktor Pro 3\Resources64\qml\Screens\S8\Views\Deck\DeckHeader.qml between line 392-417 i think.

Can anyone support? :)

Last edited: Jul 2, 2019
  20. Aleix Jiménez

Hey, so today i looked for around an hour at the new version as i have a private gig on saturday, and i've a working version of the Beta with the Key thing with a temporary solution, will have to look at this deeper though, as when the Key Adjust isn't between -0.05 and +0.05, -0,95 or -1.05, 3.95 or 4.05 etc. it has some errors with the ley related functionalities on the S8 key matching functionality and on the camelot display all around the S8 Screens, check it out though, as at least it displays the Key and that stuff correctly! Looking for feedback on this!
    There might be some errors, but this is because it's the version which i'm currently using and modifying, keep this in mind! in 2 weeks when i'll have time i'll try to work hard on this to see what i can do!

Here's the file:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 2, 2019
    • Like Like x 1