Sync Maschine to S4, or S4 to Maschine?

Discussion in 'KONTROL S2 / KONTROL S3 / KONTROL S4' started by aweeeezy, May 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aweeeezy

aweeeezy NI Product Owner

Hey guys,

So I have my S4 sending midi clock to Maschine, but I don't really like the workflow this way. I'm unable to record drum patterns because the play button won't work and I can't make drastic tempo changes because the Maschine master tempo knob doesn't respond while receiving midi clock.

Can anyone tell me if sending midi clock from Maschine to my S4 is the answer to my problems? Is it even possible? Will syncing the other direction pose any new problems?

-Alex

2. lethal_pizzle

lethal_pizzle NI Product Owner

Traktor controls Maschines transport when it is MIDI clock master. Make a dummy scene with nothing in it for when you want to go to silence on your Maschine. Similarly Traktor controls Maschine's tempo.

Not tried it the other way round yet. I wonder what happens to Traktor when you stop and start Maschine?

3. aweeeezy

aweeeezy NI Product Owner

I worked it out. Traktor's master clock changes according to the master tempo of Maschine and the tracks all play normally regardless of whether or not Maschine is playing or paused. The only difference I can tell between Maschine being a slave and being a master is that, as the master, Maschine can play and record patterns all the time instead of only while receiving midi from Traktor.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.