1. Please do not install macOS 10.15 Catalina yet, as Native Instruments software and hardware products are not supported under macOS 10.15 yet. For more info, please go HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

:: THE T33 thread ::

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR 3' started by DJ Freshfluke, Oct 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. corporation

corporation NI Product Owner

I must say that i really love the new version.

importing my tracks as i type.

played with it a bit before i started the import, and i must say i'm impressed. i love using vinyl within Traktor, words really can't explain how happy i am. :)

once again thanks NI for making my week!

2. corporation

corporation NI Product Owner

I think only vci-100 units with the new firmware work correctly.

i think one has to have both 3.3 and new VCI-100 firmware to see any improvement. still waiting on service centers in my area to hear back from Vestax... :(

i also still detect a ramp up with i scratch, however less pronounced because of pads i stuck under the jogs... but it's still there...

other then that, i try not to let it rob me of the pleasure that is vinyl control in Traktor... :)

3. RufusWhite

RufusWhite NI Product Owner

Loving the new filter effects... but the new delay... I like the fact that I can now see the time of the delay in beats and that I can keep the track going and not hear it if I want, but I've not worked out yet how to 'hold' a delay like in the old version (I sometimes keep a delayed segment going for up to a minute!)... Can anyone help?

Fusx

4. RufusWhite

Maybe I should start using the beatmasher more to do what I want, although why could they not have had the length in beats like everything else now?

Fusx

5. kboogie

kboogie New Member

1? how do you set it up to use timecode vinyl

6. djfitty

djfitty Forum Member

yeah the delay has totally been reworked. I just got used to it 3.2. I mean I could hit on and freeze and then use the pitch slider to speed the echo up and down. Now its gone. Oh well. One other thing I'm using my back up computer, the Toshiba with the sounds drop out, well guess what, after I installed 3.3, no more drop out. wtf? I like! :D

7. kboogie

kboogie New Member

i figured it out :)

8. selector97

selector97 NI Product Owner

Has anyone tried the midi-output function of T3.3? my lights ond the Xone:3D do not seem to get control signal... the rest is amazing! really!

from dusk till dawn ;-)

9. hamzter

hamzter Forum Member

what did you do to get the timecode working?

10. RufusWhite

ok I think I got the delays to do what I wanted... I had the amt and feedback turned all the way up, but I had the frequency turned all the way down... still fiddling about with this...

Fusx

11. scrambled_egg81

scrambled_egg81 NI Product Owner

This looks slick.

*does pretentious happy dance*

12. selector97

selector97 NI Product Owner

midi output

does work..if you turn the output interface on! ;-)

13. djfitty

djfitty Forum Member

I am tempted to put it on my main computer and gig with it tonight.....but I guess I'll wait and play around with it a couple of days first.

14. Thesorus_Tf

Thesorus_Tf Forum Member

Well, it works !

installing was fast and went without a hitch.

It's really fast to load the application, and as fast to quit, no more confirmation ( when no track is playing)

Track headers seems weirldy designed and spec-ed, if I set the artist name in one of the right most fields (either the top line or the bottom line) the text is clipped. Either resize the heading sections or prevent that.

i like the "new" color highlights.

I did not really try the "new" effects.

Did a 50 mins mix and had no issues.

15. buenputter

buenputter NI Product Owner

Just use the two fields on the left for long information (like title and artist). These fields even expand themselves automatically if you do not assign the fields on their right!

16. boysteve

boysteve NI Product Owner

I found that annoying, too, but it was a ton better than artist name on left and track name on right, which is how I usually do it. I can live with transposing them, but the inequity of assigned space makes it obvious Native Instruments is making assumptions about what info should go where.

I haven't played on the thing yet -- decided to let it reanalyze my collection first.

Is it me, or is the GUI much cleaner and sharper?

So far, just playing around a few minutes, I'm very happy with the more realistic movement of the key & BPM knobs. Actually usable! Yay!

17. boysteve

boysteve NI Product Owner

Quick update after reading buenputter's post: I assigned the top row to artist, track bpm, and track time, and the bottom row to track name, off, and remaining time, and I'm very happy with the look!

18. Gdawon

Gdawon NI Product Owner

Can't find 3.3 update?

I've been into both the software NI Service Center and the online Update & Drivers menu after logging in and come up with nada (nothing).

I bought a TS crossgrade - upgrading from DJ Studio 2.1, then bought DJ Studio 3.2 during the summer of sound promotion.

All I see in my options for updates is:
    TRAKTOR DJ STUDIO 3 UPDATE SoS: And nothing?

I'm missing something surely?
    Help me..........

19. iwaiwa

iwaiwa NI Product Owner

New Channel Delay FX ?

Everything I'm seeing in T33 looks great so far, but I'm concerned about the way Delay FX has been implemented.

It seems that in T33, Delay has been re-designed mostly for "repeating effects", i.e. feedback loops, etc.

In T32 it was more of a simple "one time" delay.

I have been able to get awesome sounds at gigs using the previous version of Delay (in T32) and the crowd can't figure out where I've been getting "my sound" from.

I typically blend in a bit of (either) 3/8, 3/16, 1/16 or 1/32 to give a tight (sound enhancing) ambience (like a "room" effect).

Now that's all gone with T33 Channel Delay.

T33 just came out, so it will take a while for us to use and get familiar with the new Delay and Reverb effects, but I wonder:

A) What you all think about the T33 Channel Delay and Reverb ?

B) Oh please NI, consider having 2 Delay Effects:

One called Simple Delay (as was in T32) and one called Repeat Delay (as in T33).

I know that the FX button locations have changed (for functions) and need to be keep consistent. That's OK. But please don't disregard the importance and value of 1/16, 3/8, 3/16 and 1/32 simply delay. It really "fattens" the audio tremendously when applied correctly.

20. kboogie

kboogie New Member

You have to right click in the area at the top where the effects, loops, etc boxes are, there will be a drop down window and then you select tracking and it will bring up the tracking circle like in TS. and go from there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.