1. Please do not install macOS 10.15 Catalina yet, as Native Instruments software and hardware products are not supported under macOS 10.15 yet. For more info, please go HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

This year's product announcement: what date do you expect?

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by tslays, Aug 27, 2019.

?

When do you expect a new product announcement for MASCHINE? (hardware or software)

1. September

17 vote(s)
    38.6%
  2. October

6 vote(s)
    13.6%
  3. November

5 vote(s)
    11.4%
  4. December

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. 2020

7 vote(s)
    15.9%
  6. MASCHINE is dead

9 vote(s)
    20.5%
  1. HammyHavoc

HammyHavoc NI Product Owner

All that, and battery powered. Not going to lie, it's pretty compelling. If only the sampling was more fleshed out, that's the only thing that has me reluctant.

• Like Like x 1
  2. AL’DREAD

AL’DREAD NI Product Owner

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. AL’DREAD

Yeah ,no recording input is a bit of a let down , 60 Sec looper , pitch shift and time stretched looper only , 12 min mono ,6min stereo, it’s going to be one song at a time , but that’s ok , you can dump it back and forth to the computer or multiple sd cards , I think it will be cool to mash up some maschine projects or pre recorded loops down the beach , definitely be a good addition to maschine , even as a sound module synth , it’s got midi and cc
    Whilst it only has 4 tracks you can set sounds per clip .
    trying to get the 101 user manual to read up on it a bit more , doesn’t look like its out yet.
    The 707 manual , sound list and midi chart is available

Last edited: Sep 6, 2019
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Mick @ NI

Mick @ NI Banaholic NI Team

Thats not correct, Facebook pages can be merged through our account manager (a person, not a tool) there

5. DataStrainMusic

DataStrainMusic NI Product Owner

They had me hooked with the DJfx, scatter, chords, and unquantized recording. This s**t looks dope.

• Like Like x 1
  6. AL’DREAD

7. HammyHavoc

HammyHavoc NI Product Owner

I think you misread my post. :- ) I said that unlike Facebook, Twitter doesn't support merging pages. The takeaway being that whilst people can merge Facebook Pages, NI has had to drop Twitter accounts and their following (hence the suspension on the Maschine one).

8. J-Fly

J-Fly NI Product Owner

The announcements of staff cuts should probably push back any major release until 2020.

9. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

Humm... Pushing back implies something was close to release this year, doesn't seem like the case.
    Since 2020 is reportedly the release year of the unified 'One Native Hub' thingy I would assume any major version would also be scheduled for next year, at best and if all goes according to the plan regardless of layoffs. (educated assumption, not a fact)
    Personally I believe it's more likely to happen in 2021.

• Informative Informative x 2
  10. Mick @ NI

Mick @ NI Banaholic NI Team

Fail, I absolutely misread that ;D

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. AndriusDK

AndriusDK NI Product Owner

Upst...

12. b-r@nno

b-r@nno NI Product Owner

can you guys please tell me what/why you are so "hyped" about this things?...doesnt look like a real competition to maschine...
    ofcourse these look good...but what can / will you do with that expensive thing that you can't with maschine allone?....
    i'm a roland fan myself...but in comparison to maschine this thing looks bit too much limited (8 tracks only?...really?...)

please enlighten me so i don't need to watch a lot of ads (too dangerous for my wallet) ;-)

13. AL’DREAD

Whilst I’d like the 707 , I’m not paying that much for it. Not saying it’s not worth it .i just don’t think I need or can justify it . The portability of the 101 being that it’s battery powered, does interests me tho , because I can take it out with me , it’s compact has over 3000 sounds, programmable synth engines , 80 drum kits and 90 effects ,has a sample looper, so there’s plenty to play with .
    Whilst it only has 4 tracks , tracks are save in clips , so you can have 4 different tracks from clip 1 to 2 etc , this means you can use more than 4 sounds ( obviously you get more sounds if your using a drum kit on one or more track track ) your just limited to four tracks at at once, which I’m ok with.
    No song mode atm tho

My maschine setup is cool but not portable . yes I got a mikro, but I also have to take my MacBook out with me , and I’d rather not , even if there’s a maschine stand-alone (which I will buy) I hope and don’t think it will be battery powered , I would use that around the house or at friends, I’d pretty much use the 707 the same , but the 101 , id take that anywhere, down the beach, in the car , on a boat , bus or train , to weddings and funerals , family engagements , hospital, pretty much anywhere.
    Itb is great but hardware does give you a sound that itb doesn’t, that’s my opinion.
    Maschine is pretty much to the point when creating, its quick, with easy access to tweaking sounds and laying stuff down , but these things can be a little quicker.
    I’d pair this with maschine not replace it , especially if there was a stand-alone , id pretty much be set with that , and I could see me not turning on my computer for the most part.
    But ultimately the 101 gives you freedom, great sounds and effects, other options for sample mangling and sequencing in a small box , that could possibly fit in my coat pocket

14. LEGENDARYFINS

LEGENDARYFINS NI Product Owner

I know u didn't necessarily mean while these events are occurring, but I'm laughing my ass off picturing someone banging out a beat while a bride is walking down the aisle or just going all in the creative zone during a funeral. It would make for a very entertaining commercial.

• Like Like x 1
  15. BigPictureSound

BigPictureSound NI Product Owner

I look at this thing as a live improv tool, not so much a production tool- but that's just me. I certainly wouldn't buy it, but it looks pretty cool.

Edit: I just noticed they chose tiny directional buttons to navigate clip banks. So strange why they would make those so hard to access during live performance? Seems a number bank on the right to quickly switch would make more sense.

• Like Like x 1
  16. AL’DREAD

17. AL’DREAD

After Looking through the manual , you can launch clips from the 16 pads in clip mode , which you would use for live performance