1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Massive X, Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

TIP OF THE DAY: Software Lock

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR SCRATCH' started by Spyral, Apr 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spyral

Spyral NI Product Owner

After thoroughly going over the Audio 8 and whatnot, I noticed that there is an LED that reads "Software Lock" listed along with the Input Modes. What is it for and what does it do!?

2. Spyral

Spyral NI Product Owner

Oh, and by the way, I must say:

a.) VERY nice job on Traktor Scratch, I'm highly impressed.
    b.) When is Traktor DJ Studio 3.3 launching?

3. ew

ew Moderator Moderator

I'm guessing that it locks the sample rate...

ew

4. Spyral

Spyral NI Product Owner

? Ok, but I have yet to figure out how to activate it....heh. Nothing in the software, and nothing on the Audio 8.

5. djquartz

djquartz NI Product Owner

There is an utility included on the CD that should be installed. The A8 has ground lift options that can be locked from this tool.

6. Spyral

Spyral NI Product Owner

So...other than the USB2 pkg file for mac, there's another installation for the A8?

7. Spyral

Spyral NI Product Owner

OoooOOOoo...I see it now, under Utilities:

Audio 8 DJ Settings Installer. Gotcha.

8. Spyral

Spyral NI Product Owner

It doesn't actually install, just runs. So...what exactly DOES the Software Lock do. (Sorry, I'm kinda naive about little things.)

9. DJ Freshfluke

DJ Freshfluke Traktor Mod Moderator

you have this little switch for the modes (control signal turntable, cd control signal etc.) on the audio 8 dj.

on the musikmesse from one second to another i could not calibrate anymore, nor play a track, it was all awful... tried changing the needles and or the records with no result. shortly before i wanted to sit down in a corner and cry, friedemann had the great idea to actually LOOK on the audio 8.

guess what - the control signal mode was switched to something else but turntable control!

now guess what software lock is for? ;)

right, it locks with the software to only one mode to prevent from accidental switching.

i have to admit, it's not in the manual - when i was writing it i had no idea about this feature.

10. djquartz

djquartz NI Product Owner

Yeppers, so you can lock the settings on your A8.

If someone was messing with the A8 they could have pressed the Input Source button without knowing.

11. Spyral

Spyral NI Product Owner

Makes sense now. Thanks.

12. *FSuser*

*FSuser* Forum Member

No wonder you have not been so forthcoming regarding some of the new TS software functionality and features when it would complicate a DJ performance in such a way.

13. Jesse_Plan

Jesse_Plan NI Product Owner

I am growing tired of your comments and blasting in every subject on this software forum. Sorry, I don't mean to publicly bash you, but I think this is getting a little ridiculous. Please stop.

14. FunkyRob

FunkyRob Forum Member

This may be what happened to me this morning. I swear I didn't touch that button though.

15. DJ Freshfluke

another possible thing would be a missing channel...

if you plug one of the turntable cables out, the record still runs forward, but if you touch it or try to scratch a lot of strange things can happen. so a bad calibration could be the cause - or your pretty low latency setting along with trying to go in the internet while having a low spec computer! ;)

16. *FSuser*

*FSuser* Forum Member

Well I am growing tired of having to dish out more money for a DVS solution that can not even compare to what is commercially available. Go ahead and stand up for the NI forum when they will cut you off at the knees for your money in a heart beat. Soon you will be lifting the same flag of intolerance. I am coming to find out that NI is being so hasty for a reason.. they are releasing an "in house" product that is basically the same thing as to what is commercially available. There are no real improvements beyond hype... and to run it properly your PC or Mac better have top notch power to be able to run it. I am glad you have such a problem with what I have said... when you are in my shoes dealing with the same situation then you will be even more pissed.

17. DJ Freshfluke

FSuser, i already said it: dont troll!
    keep on the topic or dont post.

this is your second warning.

the third warning will lead to a ban.

Attached Files:

18. bendecker64@gmail.com

bendecker64@gmail.com NI Product Owner

details

Hello, can you give a little more details on "groundlift" feature please. I assumed it was just a selection switch but if I use it i get red lined inputs from my turntables, regardless which or any combinations I select other than all off.

19. Sinjintek

Sinjintek NI Product Owner

haha, now i know who to blame for all the typos in the manual! yes, there are many...are you chinese?

20. Djarsennal

Djarsennal Forum Member

Thats mean but then again im puertorican so I dont read manuals :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.