1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

Touch strip for location

Discussion in 'Feature Suggestions' started by jacqui brookes, Apr 14, 2020.

1. jacqui brookes

jacqui brookes NI Product Owner

Would be great to use the touch strip as a locator control, As the track is playing. Like the scrub wheel on my mixing desk, that can pause, scrub. In song mode and ideas. I automatically did go for it when the recent new feature was released thinking it would do this.

• Like Like x 1
  2. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

The first time I tried I also a similar impression, if it shows the pattern to position it could be used to change that same pattern position AKA controlling the playhead within boundaries of the pattern only tho.

3. Mr36

Mr36 NI Product Owner

I think this would be critical, as the physical space and perhaps resolution is just not there on the touchstrip for anything more than an 8 bar Pattern (16 tops).

4. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

That's what I am thinking.
    Well... It could function as a scrubber in the sense of the more you hold your finger towards outside of the midpoint the faster it scrubs thru the arrangement, but this would be too awkward to use IMO.

5. Mr36

Mr36 NI Product Owner

I think so too, but a forward/back x number of beats (user-defined) when swiping left/right could be useful.

6. Blindeddie

Blindeddie NI Product Owner

that would be cool, but would probably mean needing to push another button which for many would be too difficult or inconvenient! :D;)

Peace,

Blindeddie

7. Mr36

Mr36 NI Product Owner

If you mean to differentiate between tapping to change playhead position within a Pattern and swiping to nudge playback forward/back, a shift/modifier wouldn't be necessary.

8. Blindeddie

Blindeddie NI Product Owner

It was a "Workflow" Joke...

9. Joe121

Joe121 NI Product Owner

After having the Maschine a few weeks, this feature does feel like its missing, especially with the led's indicating the position.

• Like Like x 1