1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

TouchOSC + TSP2 + no-wifi network

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR PRO / TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO' started by Champagne Powder, Jul 14, 2011.

1. Champagne Powder

Champagne Powder Forum Member

Hey all, I'm trying to get TouchOSC on my iPAD2 working together with TSP2 without the usage of wifi. Has somebody got it working? Since my laptop lags my TSP2 when enabling wifi networks i need to find a work around. I think i''ve got all the needed elements here, but haven't managed to get it working..

Thanks in advance!

Specs:
    win7 64 + rptMidi installed + TSP 2.03
    iPad 4.3.3 (JB) + camera coneectivitykit + Mywi 4 app

2. Reenstrømen

Reenstrømen NI Product Owner

It's working for me with Traktor Kontrol S4 built in Midi In/Out + ESI Midimate II via camera kit + TouchOSC

Another common combination are the M-Audio Midisport Devices Uno and 2x2.

3. Champagne Powder

Thanks for your reply. Seems like dedicated midi still is the way to go.

4. Hippie

Hippie Forum Member

I use 2 cheap USB to midi leads, a pair of midi to midi adapters and a camera kit.
    If you have an Audio8 or Audio10 with a midi port then you only need 1 USB to midi lead and a camera connection kit.

There's a good list of devices compatible with the iPad and CoreMidi on the IOSmidi MidiTouch site (who also make a very good app for using an iDevice as a touchscreen controller) here
    http://iosmidi.com/devices/

5. Champagne Powder

I'm using the Audio8 so that will be a good idea! Thanks for the headsup Hippie.

6. blancodisco

blancodisco NI Product Owner

Have you tried creating an 'AdHoc' network on your Mac instead of to your regular wi-fi hotspot?
    I use this create 'adhoc' network all the time with success using touch osc to control Traktor.

7. Champagne Powder

Not really as I want to eliminate the wifi route because having it enabled it distorts my traktor.