1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

toybox Reaktor 6.3 blocks

Discussion in 'REAKTOR' started by bolabo, Apr 20, 2019.

1. dcoffin

dcoffin NI Product Owner

Thanks; I started there, as per your recent livestream, but particularly liked the results I got with the control in my screenshot. But I've so barely scratched the surface with this device; I'll definitely try that again. Gathering up all the interesting modulators I can find in the Packs and the UL:)

I hope you're planning more livestreams!

2. bolabo

bolabo NI Product Owner

Hey Folks, here's a new video from Nicky showing some more advanced features of the toybox Piano Roll block:

There's also a special offer on the Synth Bundle right now, enter SYNTH20 for 20% off

Last edited: May 25, 2020
    • Like Like x 6
  3. Catman Dude

Catman Dude NI Product Owner

Hi David,
    Excellent new video from Nicky on Piano Roll!

I have just created my first polyphonic Toybox ensemble (what took me so long?) and these blocks are simply amazing. :):thumbsup:
    These blocks of yours outdo anything I have seen/heard from anyone (including NI) in depth and variety and creative inspiration.
    In other words... You're a genius!
    Thank you so much for this splendid addition to Reaktor.
    (Keep up the amazing work, though with what I have now I can keep busy for a long time to come.)

• Like Like x 1
  4. dcoffin

dcoffin NI Product Owner

LOVE it, that Piano Roll is about the most interesting MIDI FX I've ever seen, WELL done!

Wondering re: using LFOs to create notes, is there some way to auto clear so when the roll loops there's always a fresh grid to draw to, or some way to send these notes to the daw instead? Trying to figure out how not to keep drawing on top of existing notes… TIA!

5. dcoffin

dcoffin NI Product Owner

It'd be great if just that Piano Roll Block got converted to a regular ensemble for sale as well, with a much bigger roll, both visually and grid-wise, with all the same functions available for modulation via ICs, and MIDI CCs, which could still come from blocks, or anywhere.

AFAIK, there's nothing like it on the planet right now. Let's maybe even have it as a VST, and AU MIDI FX!! (I'm already using the block that way inside Logic, works great, but SO small!)

• Like Like x 1
  6. bolabo

bolabo NI Product Owner

Thank you!! :)

Yes, you can use the clear port 'Clear' port. see below for a way to hook it up so that the pattern clears every time it loops back around. You could also connect it up via a switch block so the 'auto-clearing' could be enabled or disabled. The 'Logic & Maths' block is in the toybox Free Pack.

Screenshot 2020-05-25 at 22.04.37.png

Great idea!

• Like Like x 3
  7. dcoffin

dcoffin NI Product Owner

Wow, glad you think so!!

8. dcoffin

dcoffin NI Product Owner

And thanks for the clearing screen shot; I'd be lost without that:)

9. Philippe

Philippe NI Product Owner

Yes, good idea !

10. dcoffin

dcoffin NI Product Owner

While we wait…

Directly inspired by today's ToyBox video:

• Like Like x 1
  11. Philippe

Philippe NI Product Owner

nice David !

12. dcoffin

dcoffin NI Product Owner

Episode Three:

13. RCL

RCL New Member

The poly wavetable in the Synth bundle ask for sample locations every time I insert it. Is there a way for it to remember. I use Reaktor 6.3 and the latest Reaper a win 7 machine.

Thanks

14. Paule

Paule NI Product Owner

There is an NI rule: create a folder in the same path where your instrument or ensemble is. Name it Samples (like NI do in Flesh or Form). You can do different subfolders. Take your samples from there and save your ism or ens again.

15. RCL

RCL New Member

Thanks. Right now they are in the Synth bundle folder but myimy and enables are in a different folder.

• Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
  16. bolabo

bolabo NI Product Owner

Email me via the link on the toybox website:

https://toyboxaudio.com

and I’ll see if I can help you resolve this.

17. bolabo

bolabo NI Product Owner

We've just added a new, free 'User Blocks' pack to the website for use with Reaktor 6.4

Currently the pack only contains one new block, the Modulation Lane. We will be adding new blocks to the pack every few weeks.

The Modulation Lane is a single modulation lane from the Synth Pack Piano Roll, placed into a new block for creative routing.

[​IMG]

The User Blocks pack is available now for free from the toybox website: https://www.toyboxaudio.com/

(We are also currently running a special offer on the Synth Pack just enter SYNTH30 when checking out for a 30% discount)

• Like Like x 5
  18. Catman Dude

Nice job, David! very cool implementation, with control points showing up automatically and easily moveable to create variable (sharp/smooth) curves. Thank you!:D

19. Ajnas2358

Ajnas2358 New Member

for older machines, many of them eat a lot of CPU - especially poly + the reverbs , but they reward in sound quality an diversity. the Multi-FX unit from the Designers Pack is just otherworldy with the morphing ;)

• Like Like x 1
  20. Catman Dude

The occasion of this post is simply the pure and mesmerizing fun I’m having with the Synth Pack’s: Comb / Notch filter.

So it’s a shout out to Bolabo / David X to say, simply, ‘Magnificent’.
    (OK, it’s also encouragement to any Reaktor users who love Blocks & Racks and aren’t sure they want to reach into the Toybox.
    YES, do venture in!)

I know there’s a contingent of users who like fewer controls in general, but I’m not among them.
    The more ways to control the sound and experiment with it the better, that’s my motto.

And Toybox, I think it’s fair to say, is in agreement.
    These blocks aren’t simply ‘blocks’; I think it's safe to say they have truly expanded the 'Block' paradigm.
    In part this is explained by the brilliant stroke of UI programming they share, called the ‘Options’ page.

The basic controls of Comb / Notch are all visible on the main panel. These allow for enormous variation in the sound of this filter.
    But delve further into the Options page and you find:
    the Exciter, the Dry/Wet Mix, 3 Envelope controls, a Saturation modifier, plus tweaks for Velocity sensitivity and the subtle ASR mode on the envelope… All of these shape the sound in ways both deep and subtle.

And then there’s the incomparable Presets!
    This group of settings reveal further still the level of control this wonder-block makes available.

So, David, thank you, and please keep up the music-inspiring work!

Last edited: Aug 9, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1