1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

toybox Reaktor 6.3 blocks

Discussion in 'REAKTOR' started by bolabo, Apr 20, 2019.

1. bolabo

bolabo NI Product Owner

There was an issue with the modulation sliders, a 'hot-fix' is up so please re-download.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2020
  2. Philippe

Philippe NI Product Owner

thanks again for this, David

• Like Like x 1
  3. bolabo

bolabo NI Product Owner

Glad you are enjoying the blocks!

• Like Like x 1
  4. bolabo

bolabo NI Product Owner

Hey Guys

Just letting you know that you can now download a collection of 8 demo blocks, selected from the toybox packs:

Synth Bundle
    • Piano Roll - A powerful fully featured DAW-style piano-roll with 2 automation lanes and controls for warping and twisting the sequence in realtime.
    • FM Synth - A flexible 4 operator FM synth with editable morphing algorithms and high quality modeled filters and oscillators.
    Designers Pack
    • Multi-Breakpoint Oscillator - The oscillator’s waveform can be edited and morphed. The 8 different warp modes, 3 FM modes and high quality oscillator sync with oversampling allow for rich complex timbres without aliasing.
    • Ramps - Based on 1 half of a popular Eurorack hardware module used for generating ramp signals. This block features very a high quality oversampled engine and detailed modelling, a real swiss army knife.
    Floor Shakers Pack
    • Wavetable - A very powerful wavetable based oscillator with 7 stacked voices for thick unison or chord stacks.
    • Multi-Breakpoint Envelope - Versatile envelope generator, as with all the blocks it can be run at audio rates.
    Sampling Pack
    • Granular Sampler - A powerful sampler granular engine for mangling samples recorded from it’s input.
    • Gate Repeat - Triggers streams of gate signals for 'beat-repeat' effects.
    In 'demo mode' the blocks are fully functional, but can only be used for 30 minutes at a time.

Download the Demo Pack here:

toyboxaudio.com

Also we are currently running a 1/3rd off Black Friday sale…

Just enter BLACKFRIDAY at the checkout to get the discount!! :)

David

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 20, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Catman Dude

Catman Dude NI Product Owner

Thanks, David!
    The treasures in your blocks are so plentiful, it's easy to overlook multiple wonderful instruments.
    The Multi-Breakpoint Oscillator is one of those for me.
    Rooting around I find it in the Designers' Pack. With lots of Snapshots!
    Diving in...

6. Catman Dude

Got an email about updated Synth Bundle. Downloading now...

7. hanratty

hanratty NI Product Owner

Bought the synth bundle and it is totally awesome! I knew it would be but the ability to demo the piano roll was the final straw. Any opinion on the next bundle to get? I'm leaning towards designers pack.

8. Catman Dude

Designers Pack is really innovative. Highly recommended, 2 thumbs way up.
    Mod Pad is one example. But there are so many! Crazy great filters and oscillators.
    You can get lost for a long long time in there. Also a great source of ideas for other builders.

9. hanratty

I watched the advanced features piano roll tutorial and the lfos on the pitch/gate of the piano roll that is done at the end is really cool. Any other cool piano roll techniques that go in this direction?

10. bolabo

bolabo NI Product Owner

Great, yes there are a few ways to record into the piano roll.

One less obvious method is with step recording. To do this just enter record but don't start the transport. Then you can enter notes either using either MIDI or via a connection to the pitch input (try connecting the UTL-Macro Knobs block for runs of notes). While entering notes in 'step recording mode' you can move the current recording position around by right-clicking to a new location in the notes area.

Another thing to try is just connecting your keyboard's modulation wheel to the 'Pitch' input port (by using the MWHL port of the Util Note In block), but not connecting anything to the 'Gate' port when recording into a loop. This way the block will generate a new note whenever the modulation wheel changes, so you can use the mod wheel to 'paint' notes simply by moving it. Set the QUANTIZE knobs to 32nd to quantize the painted notes automatically at the end of each cycle.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2020
  11. hanratty

That sounds really cool. I will try those suggestions, thank you! Yesterday I was playing around with a Kodiak shift sequencer sending pitch/gate to the Piano Roll, copying a pattern into piano roll, and then using expand/stretch/etc to make variations. My dreams of becoming Autechre are one step closer to reality.

12. Catman Dude

wow. Nano CE offers all kinds of really cool processing, including FFT.
    Can't wait to play with these!

• Like Like x 1
  13. hanratty

I'm a bit late to the party, but the Table block is really cool.

14. bolabo

bolabo NI Product Owner

We just added the Vintage Verb block to the free Toybox User Blocks Pack.

This block is perfect for gritty, textured vintage reverb tones. The block makes use of super high quality resampling algorithms and a hybrid convolution / algorithmic engine, with modelled saturation to authentically simulate the vintage digital hardware.

The block features 4 sets of 8 carefully designed early reflection patterns. 46 presets are available from the block's 'options' page.

We are also running a Christmas Sale with 20% off all packs and bundles (the new Nano Pack is still available at the into price of $45).

Download the User Blocks Pack here: www.toyboxaudio.com

[​IMG]