toybox Reaktor 6.3 blocks

Discussion in 'REAKTOR' started by bolabo, Apr 20, 2019.

1. uksnowy

uksnowy NI Product Owner

OK.. can someone help me in how to download the V1.1 update. I follow the link in the post above to the Toybox site, I click on the button 'Login to download v1,1'. It takes me to my account page, I can see all my purchases but I see no link to get the update..?? What am I doing wrong?

2. bolabo

bolabo NI Product Owner

After you log in, click on the order number to see the download link -->

Screenshot 2019-12-05 at 12.06.19.png

3. uksnowy

uksnowy NI Product Owner

ah ok. so the new files are in the old place. I did go there but I though that is the old version. That could be made more clear for us dummies. Thank you.

4. Catman Dude

Catman Dude NI Product Owner

I didn't go to NA on that one. I finally read all the instructions on your webpage (yes, shoulda done that sooner) and saw the note about replacing folders.

5. bolabo

bolabo NI Product Owner

Hey Guys, the TOYBOX Synth Bundle is out!! -->

[​IMG]

TOYBOX release the SYNTH BUNDLE

A collection of powerful modular monophonic and polyphonic synthesisers.

Combined with over 80 sequencing, synthesis and modulation blocks included, the synths can be patched in limitless combinations using virtual patch cables on the front panel.

Synthesis types include classic multi-wave, FM, waveform drawing, phase modulation, sampling and state of the art analog modelling.

The bundle includes a sophisticated, fully modulatable Piano Roll block with extensive editing functions, 2 automation lanes and performance features. Piano Roll features include:

• 16 realtime modulatable knobs for pitch, swing, note length, stretch, warp, scale, key etc
    • 8 different patterns that can be re-triggered, twisted, stretched and warped fluidly as they are played
    • Launch Quantise feature keeps jamming locked to the beat
    • Input ports allow for algorithmic inputting of notes by connecting LFOs and other modulation sources
    • Note editing tools match features found on high end DAWs

$52 with discount (enter CHRISTMAS20 at the checkout for 20% off the $65 regular price)

More information: https://www.toyboxaudio.com

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 7, 2019
  6. bolabo

bolabo NI Product Owner

In this video, the oscillator block is modulating the Piano Roll's PITCH and TIME knobs in realtime, moving the notes around, the resulting note locations are quantized by the QUANTIZE setting and snapped to a major scale by the SCALE control (selects between 41 different scales) so everything is kept in time and in key as the playhead plays through the modulating sequence -->

7. uksnowy

uksnowy NI Product Owner

Upgraded and also picked up the Synth pack.. Been playing all weekend.. A question: is it possible to add our own wave tables to the modules that use them. I most interested in the adding to or changing the Bassline wave tables.

8. bolabo

bolabo NI Product Owner

Yes, the Bassline block and the Wavetable Basic block from the floorshakers pack are basically the same block, the Bassline block has a built in set of wavetables and custom knobs.

Just drag and drop any wavetable file (serum etc) on to the waveform display to add the wavetables, use the select knob to select between them.

Screenshot 2019-12-09 at 12.54.02.png

• Like Like x 1
  9. uksnowy

uksnowy NI Product Owner

Awesome.. thank you.

10. bolabo

bolabo NI Product Owner

Sound designer CinningBao giving a quick overview of some of the new synth blocks in the toybox Synth Bundle:

• Like Like x 1
  11. Paule

Paule NI Product Owner

12. bolabo

bolabo NI Product Owner

• Like Like x 1
  13. Paule

Paule NI Product Owner

Urotsuki - backwards for: I que to russia.
    From the link above bring to R6 with right graphic settings.

Attached Files:

14. uksnowy

uksnowy NI Product Owner

What is interesting, in the video clip, he is using the first Pitch & Gate. When I use the block, I can get nothing out of these but everything is ok from the second Pitch & Gate outputs. ??

15. bolabo

bolabo NI Product Owner

The 1st set of ports are polyphonic ports, connected to the polyphonic version of the FM synth. There's some information on the polyphonic ports here:

https://www.toyboxaudio.com/pages/synth-pack-details

• Like Like x 1
  16. uksnowy

uksnowy NI Product Owner

Thank you again. I do try to figure these things out using the Scope. But the Scope never registered any signals either. I guess it is MIDI data rather than pseudo voltage. Am i getting warm or?

17. Moujik

Moujik NI Product Owner

I assume it's because the scope isn't polyphonic either.

18. bolabo

bolabo NI Product Owner

The polyphonic ports use a 'pseudo voltage' just like the regular ports (not MIDI) but they use a separate audio table to pass the actual data for each voice (audio tables can be shared between instruments). The port connection itself is not sending any audio data, it's only sending the index into the audio table as a pointer.

The macros for the polyphonic connections were designed by Colin Brown, I'm currently working with Colin to create a definitive version of these that can be used as a standard for polyphonic connections for all blocks.. One change we are working one is making the connections between monophonic and polyphonic ports possible in any direction and combination. The synth blocks will be updated to use these new macros as soon as they are ready.

• Like Like x 1
  19. uksnowy

uksnowy NI Product Owner

So, as a rule, until then, if we have tow sets of pitch & gate ports on a block they are mono and poly?

20. bolabo

bolabo NI Product Owner

Yes, the polyphonic ports are designated by a light grey ring around the port. With the new version of the polyphonic ports macros, coming soon, the polyphonic and monophonic ports will be combined into a single port..