1. IMPORTANT:
    We launched a new online community and this space is now closed. This community will be available as a read-only resources until further notice.
    JOIN US HERE

Trackpad scrolling in the browser. (macOS)

Discussion in 'Feature Suggestions' started by kokernutz, Apr 28, 2020.

1. kokernutz

kokernutz Active Member

I think 2-finger trackpad scrolling in the Traktor file browser does not behave in the same way as any other macOS app with a scrollable view. (I have no idea if this problem exists on Windows.)

It seems as though there is a minimum speed threshold you first need to meet before the browser will start scrolling. No other mac app behaves like this. The difference is noticeable and it annoys me. :)

Because of this threshold, I often speed up my finger movements, and then there is the likelihood that it starts scrolling jerky and too fast, instead of scrolling in a predictable way.

I run almost a base macOS system (no hacks/accelerators/etc) and have thought the trackpad scrolling has been wonky for as long as I can remember.

Can this be improved so it is a more consistent experience?

• Like Like x 3
  2. kokernutz

kokernutz Active Member

Traktor DJ 2 on macOS does not suffer from this problem.

• Like Like x 1
  3. kokernutz

kokernutz Active Member

More obvious when you put Traktor DJ 2 and Traktor Pro 3 side by side.

• Like Like x 2
  4. kokernutz

kokernutz Active Member

I have a hunch that scrolling in Traktor Pro hasn't been updated since mouse wheel scrolling. It feels like it was made more for mouse wheels. :p

5. buggles

buggles NI Product Owner

+1 Drives me absolutely bonkers.

• Like Like x 2
  6. amesson

amesson New Member

same here. please fix that.

• Like Like x 2
  7. TechColin

TechColin New Member

Yep - just got a brand new Macbook Pro and upgraded to Traktor Pro 3, now really not happy about this issue,

Makes the browser practically unusable especially with large folders (i.e. your favourite genres), and needs fixed ASAP.

• Like Like x 1
  8. kanno1ae

kanno1ae NI Product Owner

Same here. Just finished setting up my new MBP and purchased Traktor Pro 3 after using 2 for many years on an older MBP. The two finger scroll does not work properly when trying to scroll through the track list.

9. HoloYolo

HoloYolo New Member

Not only the trackpad. If I scroll slowly using the mouse wheel it doesn't move either. There's some threshold in there, which is really annoying.
    I just upgraded to a new Macbook Pro and Traktor 3, too. Please fix this!

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. viper9711

viper9711 NI Product Owner

same here- please fix it

11. kanno1ae

kanno1ae NI Product Owner

An update...

I loaded my old MacBook Pro (13" mid 2012) with MacOS Catalina 10.15.5 and Traktor Pro 3.3.0.108. The trackpad scrolling works normally and as expected. My new MacBook Pro (13" 2019, Four Thunderbolt 3 ports) has the exact same OS and Traktor Pro versions loaded, and it does have the issue.

I'm also going to open a support ticket, just in case nobody else has done so.

12. kokernutz

kokernutz Active Member

Fixed in the latest beta, thanks. :thumbsup: