1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi all!

A quick update on our Summer of Sound sale, which went live earlier this week. While the sale has already been active both on our website and with retailers worldwide, we felt that it was not the right time to do any marketing around it. We felt that there were more important voices and messages that needed to be heard during this time.

We know that this a popular sale and that many of our regular customers look forward to this event each year, so we just wanted to let you know why we have not communicated about it so far. All communication will be going live on Monday, in the meantime, we hope that you will find something in our sale that excites you. Stay safe and happy music making.

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

Traktor 3 included in Traktor Scratch?

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR SCRATCH' started by shalako, May 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shalako

shalako New Member

Traktor Scratch costs $670. Traktor 3 costs $230.

Can TS be run without vinyl and cds; controlled via usb controller or keyboard hotkeys, as Traktor 3 can?

I would expect that Scratch would include all the functions of Traktor 3 PLUS the vinyl/cd controller mode.

Is this the case?

Some comparison of features between Traktor 3 and TS on the website would be very helpful.

2. DJ Freshfluke

DJ Freshfluke Traktor Mod Moderator

no, it's just vice versa. in TS, some functions are missing - already discussed here, btw - which are regarding sync and GUI adjustments mostly.

then, TS has no internal mixer like traktor has.

the first traktor version compatible to TS will be traktor 3.3 which will be released at the end of the month.

there you have complete traktor functionality WITH dvs support - if you have bought traktor scratch before, of course.

3. DjDef

DjDef NI Product Owner

So if we buy timecode cds in order to use Traktor 3 with cd players this is wrong? if we want to use t3 with cd players and timecode cds what should we do?Sorry but i'm a little confused with all this upgrades!

4. DJ Freshfluke

yup, it wouldnt work.

if you are already a registered traktor3 or FS user, you could make use of the TS crossgrade.

if you're registered T3 user, the forthcoming 3.3 update which has the TS support in it, will be free for you.

do you already have T3?

5. DjDef

DjDef NI Product Owner

I am registered user of T3 so when traktor 3.3 will be released i could use it with just buying timecode cds?And using my soundcard?

6. DJ Freshfluke

no, to make use of the DVS part of T3.3 you need to have the full version of traktor scratch.

just buying the cd's wont work.

7. DjDef

DjDef NI Product Owner

Ok.Thanks a lot Native Girl!!!So i have to order it.

Stelios, Greece

8. shalako

shalako New Member

Believe or not, I still don't get it. I don't have T3 or TS yet. Wondering which one to buy.

I want to be able to control the software with a usb controller or keyboard, and maybe vinyl too. Which one to buy?

I'm a registered FS1.1 user, I could take advantage of the TS crossgrade. But it sounds like the only way to use that software is with vinyl or cds? So lame. Any plans to add T3 functionality to TS? or visa versa?

Why two seperate products for vinyl/cds or standalone? Why not one piece of software that let's you choose?

9. buenputter

buenputter NI Product Owner

Hi shalako,

if you wanna use vinyl- (or CD-) control you will need to purchase Traktor Scratch or a Traktor Scratch certified mixer.

Now talking about Software:
    Traktor Scratch offers 2 Decks and limited features (compared to Traktor 3).

A Midi-Controller should be usable with both Traktor Scratch and Traktor 3.

When the Traktor 3.3-update comes out, you will be able to use Vinyl Control within Traktor 3.3, IF YOU HAVE INSTALLED TRAKTOR SCRATCH AS WELL.

If you don't need DVS / Vinyl-Control, you "just" need Traktor 3!

10. AudioRapture

AudioRapture NI Product Owner

You *still* have to buy the Scratch Upgrade with the certified mixer, though! (the mixer's internal sound card will replace the A8DJ)

11. buenputter

Thanx-a-lot, AudioRapture, it seemed too easy for me - but could not figure out what was missing!

12. shalako

shalako New Member

thank you, buenputter.

So are you certain that Traktor Scratch can be controlled via usb interface (faderfox, for example) or keyboard?

what features does T3 have that TS does not have, besides 4 decks?

Questions for the geniuses at NI:

I find it bewildering that to have the features of T3 and the vinyl/cd control of TS, you have to have buy two separate products which are practically identical.

Why not build the TS functions into T3 and unlock these the DVS features based on authorization?

Tell me how this makes sense: you have to pay more than double for TS but you're not going to get the features of Traktor 3.

This sounds too much like the Traktor Lite that shipped with Final Scratch v1.1. That piece of crap sh*t the bed less than a year after I bought it, when upgrading to Jaguar and the drivers they issued didn't work and I was left with a $400 piece of plastic.

And supposedly I'm getting a deal to shell out another $450 to crossgrade to the same damn thing. (oh different interface, gotcha)...

Where's the love.

13. PhilL

PhilL Moderator Moderator

Well we luv ya (not biblically of course....) but you get the idea... sort of right...? ;)

Did we get you all sorted out?

One thing to remember about the Crossgrade offer.... The current pricing offer goes away at the end of the month, So don't wait too long to get in on it if that is what you plan to do.

Phil

14. shalako

shalako New Member

Actually, Phil. I'd be thrilled if you could address my last questions.

Thanks!

15. buenputter

You can find the list of missing features in Traktor Scratch (compared to Traktor 3) in the following thread on page 2 and below:
    http://www.nativeinstruments.de/for...370&page=2&highlight=Features+Traktor+Scratch

Re: :: TRAKTOR Scratch - pricing and availability ::

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

traktor scratch is missing the following features compared to the (upcoming) traktor 3.3:

- no broadcasting
    - no sync functions at all
    - limited looping abilities
    - only 2 decks
    - no customizable gui, only 3 fixed layouts

The other question go to NI (as you mentioned).

My 2 cents on this subject (= speculation):
    The Traktor Scratch Software is less complex than Traktor 3 and therefore an easier access for newcomers to DVS. Apart from that it's like in the "good old times" when Traktor Final Scratch was included in the Final Scratch 2-bundle and Traktor DJ Studio 3 was much more complex.

For Turntablists the features of Traktor Scratch may be more than enough for havin' a good time.

Less features and complexity cause less CPU-power needed. => Bigger potential client base for NI. (older notebooks are still usable)

Your calculation exludes the fact that the Traktor Scratch package includes not only software but also hardware. (Audio8DJ, Timecode-Vinyls and -CDs, Multicore-Cables)

Furthermore, NI is a company trying to keep the price for Traktor Scratch as low as possible by excluding the full software and leaves the decision of updating or not to the customer. (FYI: there is a crossgrade offer for Traktor 3 as well (for existing users of Traktor DJ Studio 1 and 2 or LE) letting me guess that there will be a crossgrade offer for Traktor Scratch users as well)

NI has to earn money, it's a company not a welfare organization. You have to decide wether the products are interesting for you and the prices are reasonable or not.

16. shalako

shalako New Member

Thanks again, buenputter.

So, in other words you're saying TS is a toy for turntablists and newbs. Well I am neither so I'll count that as point for looking elsewhere.

Less cpu, support for older machines... I've read elsewhere on this forum how well TS has been working for folks with older machines. They're livid. That's two for looking elsewhere.

I was counting the cost of the interface and vinyl in my calculations. I can get what I believe will be a higher quality interface for less than the difference in cost between T3 and TS. Will it work with TS? Cost of cds? You can't be serious. And "multi-core cables"? This is what really makes me believe this thing is marketed to dupes. Like I can't keep track of four rca cables.

I really wish it were different, because I need a pro-grade solution, but this sounds too much like the "good old days" you mentioned. FS and the Traktor front end were totally unreliable. I was left feeling violated.

Now NI has built their own consumer grade audio interface, pulled Traktor Lite (Traktor Newb? Traktor Sucker?) out of the closet, blown the dust off of it, and they want to sell it to me again. I'm a fan of NI's other products (plug-ins, etc), but the more I learn about this deal the more skeptical I get.

Serato is apparently stable, but it also requires importing tracks into it's own db (hello... iTunes has 70-80% market share. accept it. there should be nothing manual about library mgt). Torq looks promising, but is buggy still. So in the meantime we're forced to choose between less-than-ideal solutions because the product designers are boneheads who think a dj is someone who cuts their chest with a broken record for a finale, and companies who continue to ship software before it's ready (no news there) and attempt to pull the jedi mind-trick on you by making you buy two products which are exactly the same except each has only half the full features.

It's kinda like offering two versions of a book for sale. They are identical except that one has only the words that are four letters or less. The other book has only the words which are larger than four letters. If you want the whole story you have to buy both books. Oh, and the publisher charges twice as much for the one with little words (but it comes with a dictionary).

17. sharpie

sharpie New Member

Sorry if this is covered somewhere else. Will there be some kind of a discount on the forthcoming Traktor 3.3 for TS users that dont have a registered copy of previous Traktor versions?

18. shalako

shalako New Member

good point, sharpie. buenputter guessed this might be the case, but it sure would be nice to know before the May cross-grade offer ran out.

19. nik39

nik39 NI Product Owner

Hello... Scratch LIVE supports the iTunes library.

20. buenputter

Hi shalako,

sorry to hear that you were part of the group having severe problems with Final Scratch. I entered the arena with FS2 and in general had good results using it with Traktor Final Scratch and later with Traktor DJ Studio 3.

I did not intend to call Traktor Scratch a toy. I just wanted to ensure that you really want Vinyl-Control, because otherwise just purchase Traktor 3 and you're done! (Apart from chosing a sound-device if you not already have a multi-channel sound-card. There are several threads on the forum about sound-cards!)

I will hopefully receive Traktor Scratch tomorrow and then impatiently wait for the upcoming Traktor 3.3-Update!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.