Traktor dj cable

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR DJ (for iPhone and iPad)' started by basile, Aug 13, 2013.

1. basile

basile NI Product Owner

Is this just a typical stereo to 2 mono splitter cable?

Doesn't mention much about it in the description

2. makar1

makar1 Forum Member

Yes, it's just another overpriced branded stereo-to-mono splitter.

3. autoy

autoy NI Product Owner

Useless splitters... NI could have put those efforts in implementing multi audio device support instead for proper prelisten.

4. makar1

makar1 Forum Member

Isn't multi device support already in TDJ?

5. lethal_pizzle

lethal_pizzle NI Product Owner

6. autoy

autoy NI Product Owner

No, it won't still let you prelisten with the iPad headphone out while the main is connected using a simple stereo USB out with the camera connection kit.

7. lethal_pizzle

lethal_pizzle NI Product Owner

8. autoy

autoy NI Product Owner

I assume this is an iOS7 feature? Did not work with an iMic last time I checked.

9. demegy

demegy NI Product Owner

hello i have a quick question about the traktor cable and traktor for ipad.

is it possible to run both decks independently to the both outputs of the cable? i'd like to hook up the ipad to a 2 channel mixer and mix/cue the tracks via the external mixer.

thanks
    marc

10. demegy

demegy NI Product Owner

*bump

11. sweeney.b

sweeney.b Forum Member

just need a 3mm jack to two phono jacks x2 for that but it will still be in mono

12. demegy

demegy NI Product Owner

thanks. mono is ok, most club PAs are in mono anyway.

regards,

marc

13. keng~

keng~ NI Product Owner

hey demegy, just curious:

what types of club do you play at for assuming that most of their PAs are in mono?

if you play dub / psy / dubstep / idm is really important to play in stereo, isn't it? :)

14. minim

minim NI Product Owner

It's quite common for night clubs to be mono which is why most producers will A/B their mix from stereo to mono to look for issues. If it doesn't sound right in mono, it will not translate that well in a club. This is an old and very common practice.

15. DrWashington

DrWashington NI Product Owner

It's a completely unacceptable practice, IMO. When I go to a club, I want to hear the best music on the best sound system, and I want to hear it in stereo. I've refused to play at clubs before that have everything in mono. Granted, some layouts necessitate compromises, but there should always be a central dancefloor area in stereo. A solid stereo image can make or break the experience for me: when it's enveloping and expansive music, not just music in shitty mono, it's a hundred times better. I don't care if this is somehow 'established practice' in some places, and I don't care if it's a tradition for some sound guys. I've run sound plenty of times, and I will NOT settle for mono. Period.

16. kimhill

kimhill NI Product Owner

At $9.99, the NI DJ cable is not overpriced. In NYC, it's cheaper than most 3rd-party cables. Kudos to NI for this.