1. Please do not install macOS 10.15 Catalina yet, as Native Instruments software and hardware products are not supported under macOS 10.15 yet. For more info, please go HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Traktor & hercules RMX

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR 3' started by AngryofMayfair, Apr 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. surferrosa

surferrosa NI Product Owner

Hi. I have exactly same problem albeit on Windows. My scratch button wont light up. Also my STOP buttons dont work. I have used the standard tks file. Any clues gratefully accepted.

2. surferrosa

Further to the above paul got a fix from phatso off another site which involved resetting the buttons from hold to toggle within Traktor midi setup. Jog wheels now work fine. The stop buttons still dont work and all they seem to do is turn the scratch button on and off. I intend to have a go at preparing a new tks file to sort it all out. Let you know how I get on. Cheers

3. surferrosa

Hi Adrian. I am having a problem with the headphones in that I can only get sound in right hand phone channel. Is this normal? Also cant remap the deck stop buttons. They appear to be linked to the scratch button and all they seem to do in traktor is switch the scratch button on and off for the deck
    in question. Got some noise issues have to try and sort too! Happy days! Rob

4. andreasv

andreasv New Member

traktor + hercules rmx + win xp

Hi there,

I can see a lot of you are working with mac books and the rmx. so i am using a toshiba laptop with the rmx (win xp). with virtual dj, the console works whitout probs. when i start the rmx with traktor there are not all leds burning. i installed the tks file with the user manual.

are here some windows users ? some modifyed tks files for traktor?

thx 4 u help. sorry for bad english...;)

5. DJSynoptic

DJSynoptic NI Product Owner

Sturdier construction, more midi controls, +4dB 1/4" outputs, a little self-respect. :)

6. alexlawrence

alexlawrence New Member

hercules rmx problem on mac

hi guys has anyone been able to resolve this issue i am having the exact same problem

7. ukdj7

ukdj7 New Member

Hi Angry Of Mayfair

Just had to say hi and reply to your posts on the Hercules RMX. From London UK

As a former Dj in the 70's/80's/ and then a club designer up until my move to the States in 1995, I recently started doing shows here in Florida.

Initially I just used Virtual DJ 5 with no controller and then I used the Numark Total Control, sadly wasn't impressed so sent it back and just ordred the Hercules Unit, so will post a reply once it arrives and I use it on the road.

I so agree with the no indent on the faders, whose designing these things, if as they say they went to DJ's for advice I hate to think who they asked, detents are a must, especially for a live show where the faders can get easily knocked by accident

Cheers everyone Phil in Florida

It was strange to see Kenny Everett mentioned, my close friend worked with Kenny for years, very strange fellow, one day happy next day awful, I suppose that's what happens to genius's.

8. alepeinador

alepeinador NI Product Owner

I've been a happy user of Hercules MK2 for 18 months and just got the RMX on tuesday.

I'm currently re-configuring the Tks to use it with an external mixer (by re-mapping all the mixer controls on the RMX to work with Traktor's Fx).

So far: no overcurrent problems, audio has been flawless for a max of 3 hours, all lights are working and the controller is awesome (MacBook Pro, 2.3 ghz, 2 Gb Ram, Traktor 3.4.1)

I will be posting a full comparison soon (with videos).

Love it, love it, love it!

9. KylieDj

KylieDj New Member

Is it possible to use Hercules rmx like the "main" mixer and use bcd2000 to manage the effects? Summing up. Traktor is able to receive commands midi from two different sources without creating instability ?
    Thanks

10. ukdj7

ukdj7 New Member

This Unit Has Poor Stabilty

Bought the unit for on the road work, the soundcards are very poor and distortion sets in after a short while, I see it has just been replaced by a new version which Hercules says
    hasn't got sound cards and is for professionals, HMMMM are they trying to tell us something!.

11. alepeinador

I'm very curious about your distortion issues. I've had the MK2 for a year and a half of good use, for hours and hours without any audio problems. It has been side by side with cards by M-Audio and Focusrite and audio quality is IDENTICAL.

The RMX I've had for 2 weeks and the audio seems flawless so far.

¿Are talking about the Ins or Outs?

¿External mixer or internal mixer?

¿Could it possibly be a problem with your setup (computer+software+card)?

BTW
    The Hercules RMX was not replaced by the Hercules DJ Control Steel. Hercules has always had 2 versions of each controller, one with audio card and one without. It has nothing to do with the card, just trying to grab a bigger market (those who already have an audio card).

12. c242

c242 NI Product Owner

The newest Driver on the Hercules page solved my initial problems with the RMX (like unsufficient latency and sound stuttering). I still find it a bit poor on the output volume side though. Have to tweak the mixer-gain of the input in the club nearly to maximum volume to get 'pressure' to the sound. That even didn't happen to me with the 30 EUR Phillips USB-Soundcard before...

13. ukdj7

ukdj7 New Member

RE Hercules

Thanks guys for the replies, I have never seen the version of the Hercules without the soundcard, according to most sources it was only just shown at London's Plasa exhibition and looking at the Hercules website they are not shipping yet so not sure why Costa Rica would have already had the product, as it's a French product anythings possible.

As to the distortion problem it's on the output, I tested with many different inputs but not turntables, after a short while distortion was very evident, using a Numark DJio solved the problem and the quality was excellent. Unfortunately the Hercules suffers from some latency which is annoying and would certainly be a problem on a live show. Volume seems to jump up and down without tocuching anything. All in all pretty dissapointed with the unit, looks pretty with the blue flashing lights and steel casing but function wise it's flawed.+:

14. alepeinador

We just got the Dj Console RMX recently, don't have the Dj Control STEELl here yet, never seen one in person. We do have the older Dj Console and we also have the older DJ Control (which is the exact same thing as the Dj Console but without the sound card).

Sorry to hear from your distortion issues because I have none whatsoever, from the Dj Console and the Dj Console RMX; both soundcards are flawless as far as I have used them.

As far as latency, I dropped down to 7ms and then stopped lowering it because it made no difference to me. I use it for beatmixing and 10ms to 15ms is considered good enough. Heck, 7ms is almost good enough for scratching and juggling.

I heard of some audio issues when they just came out but it was resolved with the update located on Hercules' website.

15. hami

hami New Member

Hi!

Some of you talked about a problem that not all LEDs will work. That´s the same problem I have. My kill switches work, but the switches leds don´t work.

Did anyone solve this or a similar problem?

Using RMX on my Thinkpad with Traktor 3.4.0.1

Greetings!

16. c242

c242 NI Product Owner

The Kill switches have no LEDs underneath them, simple answer.

17. hami

hami New Member

Oh, I didn´t find this information. That´s disappointing.

Thanks for your answer!

18. MaxDJack

MaxDJack Forum Member

Hercules DJ Console Rmx

Regarding the distorsion: please confirm you don't mean the software gain distorsion in VirtualDJ DJC 5.0.7 software: this gain software issue was limited to VirtualDJ 5.0.7 engine, is solved since VirtualDJ DJC 5.1 or 5.2, and I suppose you use Traktor, so you can set the gain in Traktor and check if there is any distorsion, and see this issue was limited to VirtualDJ DJC 5.0.7 only. I understand you got no such issue on DJ IO gain, since if DJ IO has no line input, you don't neet to change the gain on the inputs....:lol:.

Regarding latency, I have set the ASIO at 6 ms with no issue in XP (in 48KHz and 44.1KHz / 16-bit), with the drivers package 2008_HDJS_2.exe. I have seen a latency issue on one specific laptop with the first driver release, but as the driver update is available since june, I suppose you tested the driver update before judging there is a latency issue.

19. Doktor Joy

Doktor Joy Forum Member

I have an RMX (been meaning to post a review actually), and can find no fault with the sound output.

I did occasionally see a 'warbling' effect on my old (much slower) laptop using a Hercules Mkii, but this only happened after Traktor had been running for an hour or so, and doesn't happen on my new faster laptop, so I'm guessing it was a CPU issue rather than a Hercules issue.

The RMS sound is much better than the MkII btw.

20. c242

c242 NI Product Owner

Doktor Joy : Is the output volume alright for You ? Used it in a club ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.