1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Massive X, Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

Traktor Mappings for external Pads / Controllers

Discussion in 'General DJ Forum' started by Christian Druxs, Jan 4, 2017.

1. Christian Druxs

Christian Druxs New Member

I mapped Lunchpad MK2 to Traktor Scratch Pro 2.11.0.23, which workerd very fine (as I wanted to have a seperate tool to trigger Remixdeck in Traktor added to Traktor S8 controler). Well, some functions are overwritten by S8 but that is not the problem.

1) The problem is, that I was not able to map blinking / flashing Buttons when "active" or defined.
    (How is this mapped in Traktor?)

Would be very helpful if you could help me solving this prob.

2) Second, I was not able to map "page down" for slots 1-4 to trigger all 4x16 cells. So I just can trigger 4x7 cells.
    Can you help?

3) Third: I just was able to map "pause cell playing" but not "stop cell playing". I just was able to map 4 buttons (on the right / see .jpg) to toggle "stop if playing", but if not playing, this button delets the content of this cell. (Which easily could happen when being in a live gig with some adrenaline ;-)

4) How do I reach "Pitch" in Controller Maps? - I also wanted to map the "Pitch" to three controller buttons (+/-. adjust), but I cannot find such a section in the pulldown menus in/out.

So, thank you in advance for any assistance, in general, I am very satisfied with this product and with Ableton it works - as promised - seemlessly.

(Of course, anybody who os interested will get my mapping for free as a gift to this community.)

All the best,

C.D.

Dokumantation_Launchpad_Mapping_klein.jpg

2. zephry

zephry NI Product Owner

To make pads flash/pulse/change colors.
    Find the command you want to have enable the led feedback.
    Then use the dropdown selection for the midi assignment and use channel 3 then select the cc number you want, this can get very complicated but once you figure out the modifier conditions and interaction with the rest of your mapping the leds can be adjusted with the midi range values and states of the command. This is kind of trial and error until you commit some of the values to memory.

An example would be. Using button associated with cc(control/change) #50.
    Map play on/off to button channel 2 cc #50
    Add an output for the led with values for colors you want as on and off. Same channel 2 cc #50.
    Next map play on/off to channel 3 cc #50 and in the midi range area put top values as 0-1 and bottom as 0-13. This addition of the (ghost channel is what I call it) channel 3 and values can do a lot for leds, so far on my controllers it is always channel 3 from the dropdown. The value of 13 I used in the example above should cause a led flash, the lower value eventually causes led off, the higher value also off but faster led and other color changes as well as a rainbow cycle.
    The mapping of a led output is needed before adding this channel 3 behavior.
    Good luck it took me a lot of tests and complete knowledge of modifiers to eventually get leds and a good workflow.
    Also sometimes if possible making multiple mappings and linking them is a good idea.
    Sorry explaining mapping is a huge rabbit hole, and so much is personal preference and workflow.

3. zephry

zephry NI Product Owner

The page scroll is hard for me to remember right off, but I do know you need to use the modifier conditions for each command of the pads per page, you have 2 available dropdowns so depending on your mapping and how complex it all is you will need to select the Deck and Sample page state as a condition. (once again explaining mapping is a beast of a task sorry)
    So for each page all slots and cells need individual commands and conditions for Deck and Page.
    The scroll page (up/down) will be in the remix deck commands and I can't remember the full details but to get all of it mapped and working and led feedback is insane amount of commands especially if you plan on making this work for all decks.

4. zephry

zephry NI Product Owner

This is also done with an extra modifier condition.
    The dropdown condition should be for the remix deck (A/B/C or D) and the slot state is playing. I think the choices are loaded, playing, or empty.
    You need the condition or else as you say the sample gets deleted.

5. zephry

zephry NI Product Owner

I think this is under the Deck commands area, Submix.
    Can't remember for sure. But I think it is with the slot filters and volume in the Submix. This was a newer area added to the mapping commands and is easily overlooked since it is associated with the Remix decks but under the deck commands. Probably because of the use for Stems as well.

Have fun mapping!

6. Christian Druxs

Christian Druxs New Member

wow, zephry, godfather of mapping!!! Thank you, I'll try my best. Yes. modifiers are a beast. Thats why I saved the best for last. ;-) Thank you very much indeed!!!

All the best,

C.D.