1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

Traktor on OS X. Best to make separate user?

Discussion in 'Technical Issues' started by guerrillaradio, Apr 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. guerrillaradio

guerrillaradio New Member

Is it a good idea to make a specific user account on OS X for just using Traktor? Or is that distinction irrelevant?

I am using a brand new Macbook (2.4Ghz w/ 4GB of RAM). What is the absolute ideal way to install and run Traktor to avoid issues? I'm on 1.11

2. nsgtr34

nsgtr34 New Member

I just bought a new macbook alu 2.4. Wondering the same thing as you.

3. NLS666

NLS666 Forum Member

Hi, I don't know if it would be better but I can say that not doing it doesn't cause any problem.

I'm running T3/Scratch on a macbook Pro, 2,4ghz, 4gb ram (basically the pro version of what you have before the unibodies came out) and while I tried to keep my machine clean and strictly "Traktor" well... I end up with having all kinds of programs installed and more than 75% of my hd filled with files ;)

This however hasn't had any impact on Traktors behaviour. It still runs supersmooth and does everything I need...

When playing a gig I try to remember to switch off airport, but basically even if I forget this I don't run into any problems.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.