1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Massive X, Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

Traktor Player

Discussion in 'Feature Suggestions' started by sanny_verkissen, Jun 1, 2018.

1. sanny_verkissen

sanny_verkissen New Member

Hi,

It would come in handy if traktor had a light weighted player. Well not a minimised version of traktor pro but a standalone player to go trough your collection, listen, study, add cue points, add comments, etc.

I'm using itunes at the moment to get to know my music, but it really sucks because it is just a music player. I'm a visual person and i look a lot to the track wave visualiser during my mixing, and that's not possible in itunes.

i see traktor pro as the mixing tool, but for studying and preparation is a light weighted player more handy.

Give me your thoughts.
    Sanny

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  2. man-tk

man-tk NI Product Owner

not a bad idea , not bad

3. Duluxx

Duluxx NI Product Owner

I think your on to something here! This would be great for when I buy a lot of music and want to go through them and prep them for when I want to use them to mix.

4. Mutis

Mutis NI Product Owner

5. sanny_verkissen

sanny_verkissen New Member

Seems to me it is an app for mixing on iPad, my suggestion is a desktop app for listening and preparation.

6. Mutis

Mutis NI Product Owner

It was a “third deck” app which get the preparation and library sync features. Being available for iPhone too made it the perfect solution for “on the road” preparation but NI drop Traktor iOS development and now seem Traktor desktop too (until they release the new version of course).

Why to develop a preparation desktop tool? Something like Serato Dj/Rekordbox which without soundcard plugged in just show what you ask for could be enough. There is no need to reinvent the wheel where others did the job, just copy and improve...

7. radiokrishna

radiokrishna NI Product Owner

iOs / Android app is essential, especially following features: star-ratings, color-coding, editing genre and comments fields, delete uninterested played track in one click and play next one, niddle search or swipes for forward & rewind.

8. mastermc

mastermc NI Product Owner

it's been requested many times but as usual n.i. did not impliment it .

9. mesingze

mesingze New Member

rekordbox on Android .. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jp.pioneer.prosv.android.rbm&hl=en

Out in yr. 2012.
    With closing 2018 it has a app score of 4.2
    Last update in Sep. 2018
    It has 500.000+ downloads
    Youtube clip perfectly describes the usage; except the extreme skateboarding/walking on plank stuff Im not into.

Idea is to have an app which can digest our playlist, open possibility for grid editing on the fly, cue points management, comments, re-arranging playlist, syncing that back to Traktor Pro.

Relating to this thread .. https://www.native-instruments.com/...nc-phone-tablet-computer.328091/#post-1642149

This would be HUGE for public transportation commuters.