1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

Traktor pro 2 s2 to S4 ISSUES, POPPING AND CRACKLING

Discussion in 'KONTROL S2 / KONTROL S3 / KONTROL S4' started by migsk8, Oct 6, 2012.

1. migsk8

migsk8 Forum Member

ok so i ran my s2 for a year and i just bough an s4 today, i doanloaded the driver for it so it would work and i get really loud popping noises when i play with the loop recorder and theres weird sounds when i play regular songs. i just changed my latency to 512 since thats what they told me to do since im running a Windows 7 PC. is there any other way i can stop these popping noises ? do i have to delete the traktor s2 version and download the s4 version or what ? that seems a bit much

update: ok so i updated all my software and driver but i still have the crackling and popping noise, i searched and people suggest to get another computer ? WTF i just dropped a lot of money on the s4. there's no way that that's the only fix for this problem, even getting another sound card is preposterous.

2. migsk8

migsk8 Forum Member

update, i watched the dubspot "how to optimize your pc for dj'ing and music producing" videos on youtube, and my sound still skips and once in a while, as well as the DPC latency checker bounces on red every so often.

why would i be able to run traktor pro 2 with the s2 for almost a year but as soon as i get the s4, the crap hits the fan ?

3. zephry

zephry NI Product Owner

Did you disable the battery or remove it?
    Did you disable wifi & bluetooth?
    Try Gamebooster!
    Are you running highquality keylock?dont! Instead run "eco" keylock.
    If running remix deck or decks the sampleslots individual "keylocks" will strain the crap out of your cpu make sure those are not used or only use briefly for samples that need it.

There are many other apps or settings to look at. But the above are the main ones for me.
    I open device manager and disable my internet there with dpc running and my latency drops dramatically. this is with the app cloesd in task manager. Have to remember to turn back on when needed but no big deal. my battery is permanently disabled. I leave it in for weight!

Buying a mac has not solved all problems but I have heard good things. But just make sure you buy something with usb 2.0 not 3.0 only as well I have read the retina display is not supported well. But my advice is just hang in there and try not to pull out hair. Try the above and I will check this thread. or PM me.
    please post if you get it working and what made the big difference.

4. djtwixx

djtwixx New Member

u may need more RAM. if u got a multi-ccore pc choose mulit core processing from preferences.

5. beaubryte

beaubryte NI Product Owner

6. migsk8

migsk8 Forum Member

So I downloaded the script and by the looks of it i thought it was gonna make a huge difference, but it actually ran WORSE ! My battery is disconnected, im running Eco on my key lock, also my wifi is turned off, im stumped. I have 4 gigs of ram also as running windows 7. Im seriously thinking i might need a Mac Pro

7. bi!LY eagle

bi!LY eagle Forum Member

Do you run your laptop in high performance mode? Have you turned off all the power saving features for all the hardware? Do you have anti-virus running in the background? Do you have windows update running in the background? There's lots of little things that can make a difference. I've heard mixed reviews about "needing more ram" if you already have 4GB. When you hit ctrl-alt-del, how much RAM are you using when the computer is idle, and then when you're up and running Traktor? How many processes are running also?