1. Hi everyone,

We have just announced our latest version of the Komplete bundles.

Find out more about the bundles and the newly added instruments

Komplete 13 is available for pre-order now, and will become available for download on October 1, 2020.

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

Traktor Scratch and old FS2 amp (yeah again...)

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR SCRATCH' started by nik39, Apr 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trat

trat Forum Member

Something different now. I don't want to go on for long on this one. How difficult would it be for other DVSs to apply the usage of (something like) the Multi Core Cables in their system? Is there some sort of hardware interplay between (so, something inside) the cables and the A8 interface?

I don't see much usage of the cable when no promoter adds them to the booth in prior of your arrival. But I might have another idea for an application. My guess is that it's not, since the cables function without the A8 connected like normal cables.

I.E. What stops me from picking up 2 cables and use it on my SSL (except for the lack of a TS registration)? No flame war question: really serious.

Also, why didn't NI designed the cable to use just one cable / connector for two decks. I know about the Multi Core plug having only 7 pins.

2. sleizure

sleizure Forum Member

You can use the cables for other DVS systems without issue. When I received my TS yesterday, I hooked it up, gave it a whirl on my analog mixer and then unplugged it and plugged my FS2 back in as I need it for using t3. Once T3.3 comes out I will be rid of the FS2 Amp.

3. PhilL

PhilL Moderator Moderator

At the end of the day all that really matter is whether there is hum, or not. My Wife and most DJ's don't care about the minutia of GroundLoop mitigation all they care about is is it occurring and for DJ's if it is occurring how best to take care of it, we've been there and done that. The rest is a discussion you would be better off discussing with an E.E. who is into all that stuff. Why don't we just have a discussion that would be roughly as interesting to most assembled here about Fruitbats and their role in DJing?

One the cables issue...
    1/ I think Its purely a matter of availability... When they are available for purchase I expect people will buy them to use with SSL, more power to 'em I say.

2/ On the two versus on cable, thing I dunno why. One reason possibly is that its likely if an RCA connector goes bad then its only likely to affect one side and its cheaper to be able to replace one single cable than a double I expect.

Phil

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.