1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

Traktor Scratch vs TraktorFS

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR SCRATCH' started by djquartz, Apr 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. djquartz

djquartz NI Product Owner

Here is a list of comparisons:

- No more fluctuating pitch readout. This goes for the BPM readout as well.
    - Needle Drop lag has been eliminated.
    - No more jumpy timecode tracking when scratching or cueing, known as the 'red screen' bug.
    - Scratch Detail Panel, taken from Traktor 3 but enhanced. You have two views, Scope View (Control Signal Graph) & Sticker View (Shows Rotational Position of Control Vinyl)
    - Auto Absolute Mode on Lead-in/Deck Load, which allows you to switch from Relative to Absolute mode without touching your keyboard.
    - Vinyl Scroll/Select & Flip, allows you navigate your playlists via scroll track on vinyl/cd. Vinyl Flip loads the immediate next track in the playlist when you flip the control record and play the other side.
    - Adjustable seamless looping
    - Emergency Mono mode, if you loose a channel on your turntable or cd deck it will not affect playback.
    - 45rpm Calibration Mode, allows you to use the control record @ 45rpm instead of 33rpm
    - Built in effect sends which works on any input channel of the Audio 8
    - Auto Key Correction, this allows you to leave key correction enabled and it will disengage when scratching or cueing and engage itself during normal playback.

2. nohiphop

nohiphop NI Product Owner

Does this mean a new bpm detection?

3. djquartz

It's been worked on and enhanced let's just say.

4. buenputter

buenputter NI Product Owner

That sounds to be really handy!

Safety first - I like back-ups for live sitiuations!

5. DJ Freshfluke

DJ Freshfluke Traktor Mod Moderator

i couldnt believe it when i first saw it - you can actually plug out one of the RCAs and TS runs smooth as ever with only one channel left. amazing!

6. nohiphop

nohiphop NI Product Owner

maybe the time code is mono ;-)

7. *FSuser*

*FSuser* Forum Member

Would you be able to put together a quick video showing some of these changes in action... one of the main things I am interested in seeing is the correction of the pitch float issue's.
    A demostration of the emergency mono mode would be nice as well. Is this why the Traktor scratch timecode is rated at 2Khz being 1Khz per mono channel? I have seen the videos that have been posted online so far but I would like to see more of the above mentioned changes...

8. djquartz

@ rapedFSuser

I was planning to do a demo video once Traktor Scratch is available for sale.

Someone made mention that it is available some stores as soon as the 18th of this month.

I have to borrow or rent a good video camera to make a quality demo video.

9. abzorba

abzorba NI Product Owner

Any info on the track waveform in Traktor Scratch?

One thing that always nagged me about Traktor (Versions 2-3.X with FS, anyway) was the flicker/seemingly slow refresh rate of the waveform rendering.

I always hoped with different video cards/drivers or tighter latency that the slow refresh on the waveform would be alleviated, but to no avail- at least on on all my setups using WinXP and various desktops/notebooks.

I've never been a mac user, so not sure if the waveform was typically smoother there.

A nitpick, but worth inquiring, I guess.

Thanks,

-abz

10. djquartz

@ Abzorba

Smoother graphics is one of the focuses with TS.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.