1. Please do not install macOS 10.15 Catalina yet, as Native Instruments software and hardware products are not supported under macOS 10.15 yet. For more info, please go HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Resolved Traktor UI constantly freezes when ambient light sensor is triggered on MacBook Pro 2016/2017

Discussion in 'Archive' started by ErikMinekus, Jun 17, 2018.

1. ErikMinekus

ErikMinekus NI Product Owner

Version and Setup:
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2.11.3.12
    macOS High Sierra 10.13.5

Reproduction Steps
    :

1. Start Traktor on a MacBook Pro 2016/2017.
    2. Play a track.
    3. Aim your phone's flashlight at the ambient light sensor (to the right of the webcam), and repeatedly turn it on and off.
    Observed Results:
    The entire Traktor UI keeps freezing, including the screens on the Kontrol S8, S5 and D2. The Touch Bar also goes to full brightness. Even after the flashing stops, it still takes 10-15 seconds before the UI renders smoothly again. I don't think it's related to the automatic display brightness, as I have that turned off. But there is no setting to turn off the Touch Bar's automatic brightness.

It may be a macOS issue, as I can get the Touch Bar to temporarily freeze in other applications by doing the same. However, Traktor seems to be the only application where the UI itself freezes. So I'm interested if other people have the same issue. I've already had to cover up the ambient light sensor several times while playing out, because of lights positioned behind me.

Expected Results
    :

The UI shouldn't freeze.

2. zazadj81

zazadj81 NI Product Owner

Hello, as for Serato you have to deactivate the light sensor, and set the touchbar with the function keys, this on Serato solves the problem. I hope this can help you.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. ErikMinekus

ErikMinekus NI Product Owner

Thank you! The UI no longer freezes when forcing the Touch Bar to display the function keys. The Touch Bar itself still goes to full brightness and freezes for 20-30 seconds, which also happens in other apps, so I'll assume that's a macOS issue. But at least I can play out normally again.

4. zazadj81

zazadj81 NI Product Owner

I'm glad you managed to solve, try to disable even the automatic shutdown of the keyboard is the automatic adjustment, this function creates a delay in the movement of the mouse, in fact if you go on Safari and wait for the touchbar is off the keyboard is then I try to do the scrolling you will see that the answer will not be immediate. turning off that these keyboard functions that problem disappears. I hope this helps.