1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

TS Latency?

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR SCRATCH' started by yagru, Apr 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yagru

yagru Forum Member

Hi, is there any idea of what the Latency for TS will be?? Also if it will be adjustable? I love SSL's very low latency and it will be hard pressed for me to switch to a system with higher latency.

Also, is there any performance indicator on the TS software which indicates when/if your system/usb has been overloaded?? (such as SSL's usb indicator).. Thanks!

2. djquartz

djquartz NI Product Owner

The Audio 8 latency is adjustable by preset options and manually as well.

So there is no worry there.

The feature of the USB indicator showing errors was suggested. However, I cannot comment if it will implemented or not.

There is a CPU meter on the GUI that you can monitor at a glance although.

3. yagru

yagru Forum Member

what kind of latency are we talking about? Can you disclose what the lowest setting is yet?

4. djquartz

It was posted in another post and it's noted in my signature below.

However, I'm running it at the lowest latency setting which can achieve ~6ms.

So if you're wondering if response is tight.... DAMN RIGHT it is!

5. yagru

yagru Forum Member

cool. sounds good. thanks for the responses.

6. nik39

nik39 NI Product Owner

Quartz, did you actually measured the latency or are you relying on the marketing talk? FS2 had an advertised latency of 2ms, while the overall latency was not better than 19ms.

7. djquartz

1ms/2ms is the not the total output latency, that is low latency preset for the A8.

The targeted total latency is ~6ms at this setting. This was before the comparision chart ever existed, if that's what you're referring to.

Real world latency comparisons can be posted after release unless granted permission to post early.

I can say without bias, that TS latency is way less than FS2.

You know how FS2 had that god awful lag when needle dropping.

There is NIL with TS. I lift the needle TS stops dead, I drop the needle anywhere and TS instantly plays from that position without lag.

This is not a marketing pitch, no BS.

You should see the waveform snap to position when you needle drop all over the place.

It's crazy!

8. nik39

nik39 NI Product Owner

Comparison chart?

I am waiting for some results from nem0nic this time.

Needle dropping the way it was, is absolutely secondary. I care about the complete latency.

9. djquartz

The comparison chart you were poking fun at on the product page.

I'll say this much. I believe Nemonic & Phil have done latency tests using the method that was discussed on the SSL forum. I will double check who did because there was tons of email.

I was focused on making sure vinyl control was working properly, program stability, and vinyl control options/features.

Let's just say total latency results were way less than what FS2 could ever dream of being. This was mid way through the test period as well.

10. nik39

nik39 NI Product Owner

11. djquartz

Yes I have seen that chart.

I actually need to contact him because some of the info can be answered now.

12. nik39

nik39 NI Product Owner

Him? Whom? This is a wiki, anyone can edit the info.

13. djquartz

That was an afterthought. I tried to go to his page which mentioned it's on the SSL wiki.

So I guess I should ask permission to use it on the Traktor wiki.

14. nik39

nik39 NI Product Owner

So you want to copy the wiki stuff from one wiki to the other? Why don't you just provide a link? It makes no sense to sync two copies.

15. PhilL

PhilL Moderator Moderator

Yeah don't copy it, just check with its owner and link to it.

We should get Nem0nic to post his data when he can. My tests really just confirmed his data and I don't have the info handy to post.

There is some important discussion regards latency, system performance, how its measured and how ultra low latency realtime applications change the whole way sub-systems need to interoperate and co-operate. We are likely to get into a whole new round of the blame game. That should be fun... NOT! ;)

Phil

16. djquartz

Hey Phil,

I have all the info archived, but I didn't know if permissible to post it.

I won't post anything until it's cleared.

Also the comparison chart is updated and linked to the Traktor wiki.

I will post a sticky for it as well.

17. PhilL

PhilL Moderator Moderator

If this is Craigs test results we are talking about he should be the one to post it when he is allowed to do so. He did the work so should be the one to make it public.

Phil

18. djquartz

I believe I have both yours and his results.

But I'll leave it up to you two to post.

Fair enough.

19. nik39

nik39 NI Product Owner

Word. Can't wait for it ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.