1. Please do not install macOS 10.15 Catalina yet, as Native Instruments software and hardware products are not supported under macOS 10.15 yet. For more info, please go HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Tune Change In Maschine

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by S7NLEE, Jun 22, 2019.

1. S7NLEE

S7NLEE New Member

I'm experiencing my Maschine Studio changing the tune of instruments on its own. I started noticing it directly after installing this new update: 2.8.3 .
    I've produced over three tracks in the last 24hrs and this incident happened in each track. A headache to say the least. Plus it interrupts the flow.

2. bilposey

bilposey NI Product Owner

Everytime I hit arp in M32
    And set the division of the arp
    It glitches and crashes my maschine software

3. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

4. awol9000

awol9000 NI Product Owner

Why even bother updating?

• Like Like x 1
  5. lwj|localspace

lwj|localspace NI Product Owner

I've been running into this constantly (like, for 2 years since I owned Maschine).. check if it's not caused by other MIDI (over USB) devices like synths or other midi controllers. Or leaky encoders. In my case it seemed to both happen when I had my synth or a keyboard connected, and the Maschine knob being kinda dodgy. The only fix I found was to not use any other devices with Maschine.. which isn't really acceptable.

6. Kaldosh

Kaldosh NI Product Owner

Another less drastic way is to assign proper midi channel to 3rd party controllers

7. lwj|localspace

Except that didn’t work.
    Banging the faulty knob until it stops does..

8. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

Hum... If the issue only happens when you have external gear connected then most likely it's the external gear's fault... I had a keyboard that had an issue with the pitch bend, it constantly sent really small bend data and made everything out of tune. Run a MIDI monitor tool (MIDI OX or MIDI Monitor) set all your devices to MIDI mode to make sure.

9. lwj|localspace

I troubleshooted the crap out of it at the time.. but didn't get very far because I know that one knob is messed up. Making sure it's not interfering every step of the way gets annoying. There's definitely something off with MIDI over USB though.. with nothing connected I could make it stop by twisting and banging the knob. With the synth connected it wouldn't. It's not the synth. I use it in Ableton, with other MIDI over USB equipment and it's fine.

In any case, for me it's not that relevant anymore because I no longer use Maschine as my main driver.. if at all. With my worn out hardware I was looking for a point to upgrade to a newer model.. something like a new version of the Studio maybe. But I got tired of waiting, and constant issues. So NI has lost me there.. I still use a lot of the synths etc.. but my love affair with Maschine is definitely over.