Two "User" folders after K12/Select upgrade

Discussion in 'KONTAKT' started by Michael Spriggs, Jun 15, 2019 at 1:04 AM.

1. Michael Spriggs

Michael Spriggs New Member

I recently upgraded to K Select taking advantage of the online offer. I have a separate External drive for all my VI's via an eSata PCIe card in my MacPro, insanely fast!!!
    I now have two "User" folders on that drive for Komplete, the newer one containing all the same K data as the original plus another 10GB or so in Data and ten more folders which are the Expansions I'm assuming.

Can I blitz the original "User" folder as I believe it's redundant OR! do they work in conjunction with one another?

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Michael S

2. Tony Jones

Tony Jones NI Product Owner

You could try renaming the old one to see if everything still works before deleting stuff

3. Michael Spriggs

Michael Spriggs New Member

Thank you Tony,
    After much work and comparison the two folders actually do work conjunction with each other. Discovered that comparing the two and moving instruments from one to another will force Kontakt etc. to ask for the "New Location". Easily done of course and all of my instruments are in ONE shared USER folder now with no anomalies. In the future since I know the NI installer will place new instruments in pre-existing install locations I'll leave them alone, they were found just fine in Kontakt/Massive/Battery etc. without issue.

Lesson learned: if you see two User Shared Folders after upgrades leave them alone, they share the same DNA.