Ultrabook for Traktor?

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR PRO / TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO' started by hometownhero, Jun 5, 2012.

1. hometownhero

hometownhero New Member

Hi guys

I've been producing using NI products for ages and am (finally) ready to take the plunge into DJing with Traktor.

Im going to buy a new laptop for this.. and quite fancy one of these new Ultrabooks, in particular im looking at this one: http://h40059.www4.hp.com/uk/ultrabooks/product.php?id=A7S50EA&experience=direct

HP Folio 13 specs:
    Genuine Windows* 7 Home Premium 64
    Intel* Core™ i5-2467M processor (1.6Ghz)
    4GB memory
    128 GB solid-state drive
    Intel* HD Graphics

Do any of you guys know if this laptop is going to be powerful enough to run Traktor 2 well?

I know loads of you are going to say get a mac but I cant afford one:)

Any help would be much appreciated as I dont have a clue! Thought id ask the experts

Many thanks! :)

2. davscanlon

davscanlon NI Product Owner

3. dannybyrne29

dannybyrne29 NI Product Owner

its way powerful enough but you'll never know how it runs traktor till you've installed traktor and optimised your new lappy... thats the only problem with traktor.... its the luck of the draw unfortunatly especially with windows..!

4. hometownhero

hometownhero New Member

Ok cool ill give it a go cheers for the reply :)

5. Mystic38

Mystic38 NI Product Owner

it uses a shared memory graphics card, so if its not an option for a dedicated card, i would suggest increasing the RAM.. (whihc has other benefits of reducing hard page faults)..

6. Scaper7

Scaper7 NI Product Owner

Your audio interface will be a crucial deciding factor. Some interfaces will run well on an average windows lappy without any further 'tweaking'. Others will only work if you disable numerous computer features, run optimization scripts etc. Beware ... just because an interface is made by NI does not mean it will perform well on a Windows system, regardless how good the specs.

7. hometownhero

hometownhero New Member

Nice one cheers for the replies

8. Pjotr123

Pjotr123 NI Product Owner

I have an ultrabook as second lappy. When runinng Traktor (just tried it to see if I can use it as a backup), it runs quite hot. These ultrabooks are usually used for standard "on the road", office work. I doubt if you can use it for heavy applications, without problems in the long term. Just my 2 cts...

9. ulriknedergaard

ulriknedergaard New Member

Did you buy it?

Hey. Just landed on this post as I'm looking for something similar which is an ultrabook with the same specs as the one you mentioned. ( With i5 2467m and 4gb ram ).

So .... did you buy it and if so - how is the performance?

My use will be two channels controled by time code vinyl and sometimes CDs instead. No insane FX stuff besides the basic built-in stuff. :D