1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Massive X, Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

Update for Maschine Expansion? o.O

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by The Sarge, Jan 11, 2017.

1. The Sarge

The Sarge NI Product Owner

Hi everyone

Native Access gives me an update for "Helios Ray"
    never heard/read about update for an Maschine Expansion

can someone confirm or tell what this update is good for?

regards,
    The Sarge!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Kaydigi

Kaydigi NI Product Owner

A few of the early expansions received updates, especially when massive was included with Maschine.

• Like Like x 1
  3. The Sarge

and now for "Vintage Heat" too
    all the MASSIVE-Presets are new saved and the EULA is bigger size

• Like Like x 1
  4. galactic orange

galactic orange NI Product Owner

I just opened up Native Access and saw these. I have 4 expansions with updates waiting. Some are very small and some are huge. I wonder why the disparity. Helios Ray and Transistor Punch are just a few MB (7MB and 8MB respectively) while the True School update is 1.02GB! If Native Access provided anything at all as far as what an update does for ALL NI software, then we wouldn't be left in the dark about what these updates are for. If the big hope for Native Access is that it would be a simple "one-stop shop" for updating, then why make users hunt around on the Internets just to see what these updates contain? A small, one-line text summary would suffice. Geez.

• Like Like x 1
  5. The Sarge

my True School Update was a bit over 700MB - why yours soooo huge, don´t know...

6. CakeAlexS

CakeAlexS NI Product Owner

It depends if you are using the 32 bit version or 64 bit.

Ok that's a joke.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. ini4

ini4 NI Product Owner

OK, after updating my Helios Ray expansion, I noticed I was missing a few samples. When loading an old project, Cowbell FinalBoss3.wav was missing. Thank god for Apple's Time Machine. I found a few more samples in that folder were also missing.

I filed a ticket with support. Has anyone else seen this?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Bertotti

Bertotti NI Product Owner

Ok so some samples are gone where any added? I find it rather irritating to buy something only to have a manufacture come back and take some of it away later. I didn't pay for that or agree to that. Not like this is a car seat for a baby where something could hurt someone and needs fixed, oh wait! I get it, they must have been dangerous samples with subversive subliminal messages snuck into the packs by anti maschine MPC terrorist, the dangerous MPCWTO!

• Like Like x 1
  9. ini4

ini4 NI Product Owner

OK, I tried the same update on my laptop and nothing is missing. I'm not sure what's different.

And no new samples. ;)

10. daswesen

daswesen NI Product Owner

I also got a few samples missing when loading a kit, but sadly i don't remember which one it was. I always save my projects as "projects with samples" because i'm paranoid, but still. I will write support after trying otu all the kits. Did you hear back from them already?

• Like Like x 1
  11. ini4

ini4 NI Product Owner

I have not heard back from support yet. I went through all the sample folders and used Time Machine to restore all the missing files, so no real loss for me. I'll let you know when I hear something.

• Like Like x 1
  12. The Sarge

are there now really samples missing?
    if so, we should ALL write to the support! what´s a behavior to strip stuff we bought without asking nor warning?!

13. ini4

ini4 NI Product Owner

I'm working with Support now. I'm still not sure why my laptop was fine, but my iMac was missing samples. Odd.

14. STL69

STL69 NI Product Owner

I downloaded this and the browser under samples now includes the name of the library..one thing is the browser doesn't work for any of the samples correctly?why?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. J-Fly

J-Fly NI Product Owner

Sorry for replying to an old thread but I just tried a few Helios Ray kitts and they're missing samples. Native Access says everything is updated.

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. Mick @ NI

Mick @ NI Banaholic NI Team

Do you have some more info on this? Or a possible screenshot?
    Then I can test it here and see if I can replicate the issue

• Like Like x 1
  17. J-Fly

J-Fly NI Product Owner

I'll definitely upload here later when I get home.

18. J-Fly

J-Fly NI Product Owner

Here's a screenshot. I can down the list and every kit has a sample missing. Helios Ray Problem.png

19. J-Fly

J-Fly NI Product Owner

Well, I decided to download and reinstall it. Seems to be working fine now.

20. Mick @ NI

Mick @ NI Banaholic NI Team