1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

Verticle Waveforms

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR SCRATCH' started by yagru, Apr 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nik39

nik39 NI Product Owner

You did not buy SSL b/c it has a vertical view? You are aware of the fact that it also has horizontal views, are you?

Sorry, I dont understand... You have been using SSL for four years?
    BTW, I agree about the beatmatching, but it helps in cases where you have effed up monitors, or none at all.

2. sergeramirez

sergeramirez NI Product Owner

When I purchased Finalscratch the horizontal view was not an option on SSL, even though the horizontal view on SSL now is a joke. Beside other than the fact that the Timecode on FS2 sucks, I am glad I went with Traktor 3. If the Audio 8 and time code is as good as they say, this will be the perfect set up.

3. djquartz

djquartz NI Product Owner

Alright let's not turn this thread into a product bashing thread.

Originally it was just a suggestion and is going off on a tangent now.

Nuff said...

4. DJ Freshfluke

DJ Freshfluke Traktor Mod Moderator

well, the vertical waveform got so popular, especially for the hiphop DJs, because they do a bit more on the decks than beatmatching...

i'd love to have a *turntablism* layout, where the rotating circles are bigger - it's about backspinning/ beatjuggling.

we have a screen anayways, so why dont use it meaningful?!

oh, and with beatgridded tracks and traktors phase meter you can already spin without headphones - and thanks, i can beatmatch, i dont have to practise that live... then i want to change tracks quickly, using loops, filters, whateva.

DJing is a bit more than beatmatching...

5. nik39

nik39 NI Product Owner

I personally think that the FS2 did not suck, it made a decent job.

However... why do you think the SSL horizontal views suck? I thought you didn't like the vertical ones so the ... what were you waiting for? Diagonal views? ;-)

6. sergeramirez

sergeramirez NI Product Owner

Compared to SSL the time code sucked. Even with the time code not as good as SSL I still took FS with Traktor because of the layout, the horizontal view on Traktor is way better than SSL's horizontal view. The detail on Traktor is way better than SSL.

7. nik39

nik39 NI Product Owner

Gotcha, so its not the horizontal view you are complaining about it is the view in general with less details.

8. PhilL

PhilL Moderator Moderator

It would seem Vertical vs horizontal is something of a red herring. What actually matters is the proximity of the wavforms to each other and being able to quickly assess phase differences or in most cases being able to see what the music looks like, peaks, phrase chnages, breaks, breakdowns etc. are the important things to many DJ's.

Phil

9. yagru

yagru Forum Member

Phill Tf that is exactly correct.

Not sure where Beta247 is coming up with this beatmatching thing. It has nothing to do with beatmatching and everything to do with phasing. If your into doing long mixes or even teasing tracks, the standard 4 4 concept doesnt always cut it.. especially when your spinning through all new music.

I notice alot of disgruntled djs bring up this beatmatching thing whenever someone is talking about anything to do with mixing and wavforms. It has no relation..so knock it off.. those people need to do their thing and relax and stop making stuff up.

10. beta247

beta247 NI Product Owner

i guess i mis-inturpeted your statement..disregard.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.