1. Please do not install macOS 10.15 Catalina yet, as Native Instruments software and hardware products are not supported under macOS 10.15 yet. For more info, please go HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Vibration and audio dropout issue

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR PRO / TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO' started by kashada, Aug 20, 2019.

1. kashada

kashada NI Product Owner

Hi all,

Last saturday i was playing in a venue where the booth was vibrating a lot.
    Since the first track, the waveform was freezing momentarily and audio starts dropping out.
    It was impossible to play with, so i grab my two backup usb and play with the CDJ's.
    Trying to figure out what was happening, i've disconected the audio 2 Mk2 from the laptop, restart the laptop, open traktor and play one track in internal mode, same symptoms.
    At night, new gig, this time at the club, same setup and everything worked well as usual.
    I think the problem was due to the vibration of the dj booth, but to prevent this issue in the future, i'd like to know your thought.

Thanks

Note that i've already followed the following tips before the gigs:
    https://support.native-instruments....10296445-Mac-Tuning-Tips-for-Audio-Processing
    https://support.native-instruments....785.621997698.1564748003-718298739.1543271822

Macbook Pro 13'' 2017 Touch bar 4 Thunderbolt ports
    3.1GHz dual-core Intel Core i5, Turbo Boost up to 3.5GHz, with 64MB of eDRAM
    256GB PCIe-based onboard SSD
    8GB of 2133MHz LPDDR3 onboard memory
    Traktor Pro 3 with Audio 2 MK2 and Kontrol X1
    Apple Usb-C adapter
    Audio Optimized USB-C to USB-B Cable from Dj Techtools

2. wapperen

wapperen NI Product Owner

A lot of things can go wrong.....most of the time (in my case) after glitches and hickups it's not traktor to blame. Always check your log files (console app) first.
    But in your case, let's start with the vibrating booth...do you use a laptop stand?

gr Henri

3. kashada

kashada NI Product Owner

Hi Henri,
    Thanks for your reply.
    Yes i use a laptop stand from Stagg but it wasn't enought.
    I created a ticket and got the answer that "This has been a long-standing issue with the older Traktor Kontrol/Interface models. Unfortunately, they cannot handle heavy vibrations while running. We apologize for the inconvenience."
    Ok, so the problem is the vibration, however i think there must be a solution to minimize this issue.
    After searching more about this, i realized that many dj's use electrical tape to fix the usb cable to the usb port, sorbothane feet underneath the laptop like Luciano or others use one isolation platform like the auralex https://www.amazon.co.uk/Auralex-Ac...id=1566298757&s=gateway&sr=8-6&srs=1651195031

4. wapperen

native-instruments-audio-8-dj.jpg

That little hook has been a lifesaver for me....

They should have had also equipped the x1 with that imo....

gr Henri

5. wapperen

A shame these are only for turntables....!
    IS139223-01-01-BIG.jpg

6. kashada

kashada NI Product Owner

That’s an option, you can put your laptop on this, don’t know if it works

7. andyfoz

andyfoz NI Product Owner

how does a vibrating booth affect a waveform on a laptop?

8. kashada

kashada NI Product Owner

Last edited: Aug 27, 2019
  9. andyfoz

andyfoz NI Product Owner

10. kashada

kashada NI Product Owner

If you have a better or affordable solution i'm all ears, by the way that's why I started this thread