Welcome to the new forum!

Discussion in 'NI Website and Forums' started by Keir @ NI, Feb 26, 2014.

1. jackn2mpu

jackn2mpu NI Product Owner

This thread is only for the new forum software, nothing more. And yes - to notify NI of this you have to go elsewheres.

Why keep everything in one place? Basically the forum here is user to user and it's rare that NI people post here. Site issues are different from issues that arise from product use. Completely different skill sets and knowledge needed. Rarely do those who build/oversee a website also do product support.

2. Theseeqer

Theseeqer Member

Yes, i get that. This was my point. Separating areas for support can cause confusion and also a lack of support. Signposting people to separate places really does get peoples backs up. I was just pointing out that in the "User Forums" there are 3 parts. Komplete, Maschine and Traktor . So where is the forum for site issues and account issues? Clearly a mechanic will not help with issues he is not qualified to deal with but that does not mean the issues need to be aired in a separate place in order to reach those qualified to deal with them.

One forum with many areas, each for their prospective needs. Does that not make sense? Look at what is happening right now. I have an issue which has gone on for a few days now and how far have a got? Exactly. This could have been dealt with via a forum by those who deal with those matters and saved me ( a customer ) a lot of time.

Anyway, it does not matter because i have given up caring now. I have other matters more discerning to deal with.

Thank's..

3. jackn2mpu

Site and account issues tend to be on a one-by-one basis and really need support from NI people, not end users.

As to your issue you really should have gotten in touch with those who deal with such issues, not the end users like us. You have no one to blame but yourself for not getting this resolved further and quicker. There is a 'contact us' at the bottom of every page which you should have availed yourself of. So it's not like there is no help for your problem.

4. Theseeqer

Theseeqer Member

Jeeez, i know. I HAVE used it and only just used it in regard of another matter. I was only making a suggestion which would allow less discerning cases to post their issues for non end users to reply to. Thus, in this case, others with the SAME issues may be able to read them and also find help without posting themselves. A simple area of support is surely not out of reach for a company like NI, is it? I am not even talking about users replying, but only those who deal with NI support. Seriously. it would shorten their lists of "contact us" tickets.

Surly this makes sense? If not, how come it does practically everywhere else? It works and it would have assisted me.
    The reason my issued has dragged on is because the support ticket procedure is too long. I had already posted one which i have not had a reply to so far. In a forum, i could have posted up in seconds and waited a reply.

5. jackn2mpu

The reason what you want won't really work is not everyone with the same issues would have the same solution. You just don't get that, nor do you get the thing that NI personnel don't regularly cruise these forums. To get a hold of them it's better to go to them directly. And it won't shorten their list of 'contact us' tickets - it will still be the same. No matter whether NI interfaces with users here or by direct contact - that's still time out of their day.

With what you're asking sure you could post in seconds but you could be waiting for days or even weeks, if at all. That would not make any sense.

6. Theseeqer

Theseeqer Member

OK that clarifies NI to me. Shame really, because other companies do far better support by doing the opposite of NI's procedure of support. Basically, i have to open several instances of support for each issue, even though some of those issues are not so important. I suggest NI remove the so called Technical Issues section of the user forums, because it is totally misleading and if you read many posts there, people do expect an answer from NI's technical service staff. They should direct all technical support to their "contact us" section. Not signpost people to the user forums for help. The forums are simply for general user chat and nothing more.

7. Drew Lustro

Drew Lustro New Member

How do I change my name?

I had no idea my full name (first and last) was going to be included on the site instead of a nickname. There's no setting in Privacy or Profile that allows this change.

Please assist, thanks.

8. jackn2mpu

I would try contacting keir@NI (he's the one that started this thread); he should be able to help. You have the option when you create an account here of putting up any name you want - there's no need to put your real name on your profile at all.

9. nonomuzik

nonomuzik New Member

I don't know what i did wrong but now i can't find the sounds on my Machine. The library doesn't show any sound any more. Somone please help me and if you can call me at 9173917006 or email me badmonnono@gmail.com and explain exactly for me please. I'm a new user to the machine. Thanks

10. jackn2mpu

Wrong forum and thread. Post this in the Maschine forum instead. You should also remove your phone number from your post here; you NEVER want to include it in a post to preclude Spam and identity thieves. I deleted it in this response.

11. abrogard

abrogard New Member

I am new here. I never knew the old system. I observe with this new system that when I get an email about a reply to a thread I'm subscribed to I have to log in when I get to it before I can make a further reply. I'm used to forums where I am immediately logged in when I respond to the notification email - i.e. just click on the provided link.
    It is much more convenient that way.

12. jackn2mpu

You could always stay logged in; that is - not log out when you're done for the time being. Some browsers have an option to clear logins when shutting down - if yours does then disable that. The problem with doing that is accessing the forums from multiple devices - if you're logged in all the time on one machine you may not be able to get in from another. While it's one extra thing to do - logging in each time - I don't mind.

13. ANGeLITE

ANGeLITE New Member

hello everybody :)

14. ANGeLITE

ANGeLITE New Member

i created a fully animated kontakt library and named it ANGeLITE horror drums i think its pretty cool, how can i show it over here ?

15. jackn2mpu

Try posting over in the Kontakt forum.

16. engidj

engidj New Member

I have tsp 2 and a X1 MK2 with a Audio6 and the software don't detects the hardware (X1 MK2).

I allready installed the drives and vice versa but still doesn't work. A week ago works very well but this saturday the laptop (Assus) don't respond well and could play in a party. I dont no what to do to fix this problem ,if any one knows i need a help thks .

17. jackn2mpu

Wrong forum. Try posting in the Traktor forum.

When will people realize this is NOT a general support thread - this is for people who are having issues with the new forum software which has been in place for some time.

18. NativeInstrumentsUser

NativeInstrumentsUser New Member

From this iPad 2, hitting RETURN causes the ability to continue to type text, to cease with a total "hang". Therefore I can't create any paragraphing via "double-spacing". Also, the hang occurs if I attempt to touch the GUI inside this here text window -- say, in order to highlight text for reorienting my iPad's cursor fir spell correction. The only way I can get the GUI out if it's "hung" state, is to go into the TEXT COLOR GADGET (6th gadget from the left, above) then reorient the TEXT COLOR to something other than "WHITE". That's correct, when the interface here hangs, the Text Color "defaults" to white and no further typing is possible. (I wish RETURN would work from this iPad so it won't look like I'm rambling) :D

19. rayswiftbeats

rayswiftbeats New Member

Whats up everybody! I just bought me a Maschine Studio today. A Turntablist turned producer! Cant wait to master this bad boy and get to know good people!

20. jackn2mpu

You may want to post this over in the Maschine forum; this is not a thread for introductions or general help but for problems with the forum software.