1. Please do not install macOS 10.15 Catalina yet, as Native Instruments software and hardware products are not supported under macOS 10.15 yet. For more info, please go HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Welcome to the new forum!

Discussion in 'NI Website and Forums' started by Keir @ NI, Feb 26, 2014.

1. jackn2mpu

jackn2mpu NI Product Owner

I don't have Safari 7.0.2; I have Safari 5.1.0 which is on OSX 10.6.8. You must have a newer version of OSX. I access the forums via Firefox 26 and no problem at all. Can you try another browser? That's a weird message to get considering neither of the links you post go to the parent page of the forums which is what the error message would indicate.

2. oli@bass

oli@bass NI Product Owner

Indeed the link to "Members" works in Firefox 27.0.1 but not in Safari 7.0.2.

The link to "Various Topics" still takes me to the NI Forums home page.

3. jackn2mpu

Ouch. It always amazes me how browser compatibility is still an issue. You would think by now website developers would test across the major browser platforms.

4. mikehuckaby@hotmail.com

mikehuckaby@hotmail.com NI Product Owner

5. jackn2mpu

Works here. When I click on the download button on the page it pops up a transparent overlay asking me to login with my details and when I do that the overlay foes away and I can download the zip file no problem. Again could be isp related or cookie related.

6. herbee

herbee Forum Member

Hi all

Good work on moving to a new forum however the focus appears to be on features and functionality rather than the reading experience. It all feels rather 1998 at times when reading.

The previous forum was was easier to read / scan and digest information / content.

The contrast ratio is poor, especially in the 'forum display' where there's a list of topics. The emphasis when viewing this display is on the avatar which doesn't really serve any purpose at this stage. The reading experience is reduced even more when there's only around 3 people who have their avatar set which means there's lots of repetition making it hard to scan through the topics. Some row striping might help here if the avatars remain on the left. The topic titles also benefited from having emphasis / bold applied to them.

This maybe subjective, and I'm sure I'll get used too it. I'm all for change, though to the benefit of the forum experience.

7. jackn2mpu

Agreed. The visual component leaves a LOT to be desired and I don't believe it's ever going to get fixed. At least one NI person said here that it's correct conceptually when I complained about all the white/light coloring. That person tossed off my comments about saying essentially 'get used to it; it's not going to be changed'.

8. gsalvadi

gsalvadi New Member

Hello,

When I try to access the user library page by clicking the links, it leads to Reator forum.

9. jackn2mpu

If you're talking about accessing the Reaktor user library from the links on this page:
    http://www.native-instruments.com/en/community/user-libraries/
    The user library comes up just fine. Apparently NI is re-doing this library as when clicking on the link up comes a beta version of the library that is heavily graphic oriented instead of the older plainer look.

10. DarkStar

DarkStar NI Product Owner

(Originally reported Feb 27th.)
    Links still not working here, I wonder how others get to those sub-forums.

11. dysanfel

dysanfel Active Member

Every search term I try to enter ends with "NI Support Forum - Error Security error occurred. Please press back, refresh the page, and try again."

I have tried to search for a solution, but I can't do that either.

12. jackn2mpu

Do you have cookies enabled?
    What browser on what computer platform are you using? No problem doing searches using Firefox 26 on Mac OSX 10.6.8

13. merwin

merwin New Member

Hi this is Merwin from Goa, India. i have been using native instrument products for past 4years.
    i am using he S4, F1, Z1, Audio 6 sound card, Machine Micro and recently purchased X1 MK2.
    i had a few serious questions....

1: do native instruments come with different serials nos?
    i mean does the serial no on the postcard and the serial no on the underside on the unit be different??
    on the post card it is written as "TRAKTOR KONTROL X1 MK2 HW"
    Hardware Serial:
    15534 - 57813-73787-98078-44783

and underside of the unit it is written as "TRAKTOR KONTROL X1 MK2 HW"
    Hardware Serial :
    15503-09585-03517-44198-43880
    As when i brought the product home it wasnt working. i feel the dealers in india for native instruments are selling either duplicate products or they are resealing used products to the customers.
    i spoke to mr. Tanseer who is based in Chennia, India who i suppose is the main dealer for india in native instrumests. he said to me that the SERIAL NOS have to be different on the postcard and underside of the unit.
    so the next day i purchased another unit of X1 MK2 from the market. in that box both the number, one on the postcard and the one underside of the unit were both SAME. i checked with some of my friends who also had purchased X1 MK2, the all had same HARDWARE SERIAL NOS.
    this proves that there is a big scam happening in the market of india with native instruments..
    my request is that you'll see through this matter ASAP before NI name gets spoiled in the market.
    And also pls reply back to this mail.
    i have attached some pictures of the serial nos..

thanks

Merwin.

14. merwin

merwin New Member

PLEASE NEED REPLY TO THIS!!!
    THANKS

15. jackn2mpu

You really should start a new thread about this with a good descriptive title. People that could help you won't find you here.

16. EOZ

EOZ New Member

I can't open my MASCHINE 2. MY UPDATING DATABASE SCREEN GETS STUCK! THEN I HAVE TO FORCE QUIT IT!
    I NEED HELP! I JUST BOUGHT IT! PLEASEEEEEEE!

17. jackn2mpu

You're posting in the wrong forum. There is a separate one for Maschine.
    And turn off your capslock. Pleaseeeeeeeeee:rolleyes:

18. Pheatz

Pheatz New Member

Hi! Im from Barcelona, and when i click into spanish forum he redirect me on main page of forums! Can u Relink please? Thanks :)

19. Mercurian

Mercurian New Member

I can't find a search method anywhere. Using Firefox 28.0.1 under Android 4.3 on a Samsung Note 3.

20. jackn2mpu

There's a search box at the top right of every forum page.