What a deal Komplete 8 was!

Discussion in 'STUDIO FX' started by UltimateOutsider, Nov 15, 2012.

1. UltimateOutsider

UltimateOutsider NI Product Owner

Wow, I just got the email announcing that Vintage Compressors and Transient Master had been re-released as standalone products, but I was getting free upgrades as part of the Komplete package.

I couldn't believe my luck when took a look at the Native Instruments site and saw what Vintage Compressors is selling for!

[​IMG]

Komplete 8 Ultimate saved me eighteen thousand dollars, w00t!

2. lethal_pizzle

lethal_pizzle NI Product Owner

They must've re-released them as standalone as in hardware!

3. litesnsirens

litesnsirens Forum Member

LOL, gotta love the typos, they can cause some serious amusement. Typos aside though I am really happy about this release. I've always felt having to use studio effects inside Guitar Rig was just a little to clunky for my liking. And if they were going to start with any effects to re-design to work outside of guitar rig I'm glad they started with my two most used compressors the 76 and the 2A. I'm going to love being able to just drop those puppies onto a channel without having to do it inside guitar rig. I mean the clunkiest part of it is that when you look at your channel strip in your DAW it shows just yet another instance of Guitar Rig, so you have to guess or remember what you put on that channel. It's hard to imagine that it's taken them this long to address this but I'm glad they've started. I hope this trend extends to all the other effects that aren't specifically guitar related but are more Studio related.

4. jackn2mpu

jackn2mpu NI Product Owner

What typos are you talking about? In the plugs themselves?

5. UltimateOutsider

UltimateOutsider NI Product Owner

When the products were first listed, they accidentally set the listed price to nearly $20,000, as the screenshot in the first post shows. That was the typo. It's listed at $114.50 now.

6. Sound-Guy

Sound-Guy New Member

Wow!

Glad I got my VC bundle on Cyber Monday, just three days ago. All three compressors for US$114.50. Couldn't believe my luck! Less than 1/100th the first listed price (which would have been costly even for the real hardware units!)

Errors do happen -- glad that was a typo!

And even more glad I have the "holy trinity" of compressors. I'm finishing a mix this morning and using the LA2A and Dbx 160 models -- wonderful sound!

Sound-Guy
    Colorado