what does the MODE button do?

Discussion in 'KONTROL Z1' started by johyde, Jul 1, 2013.

1. johyde

johyde NI Product Owner

I know that sounds like a stupid question.. only (tiny) gripe with my Z1 so far is there's no manual, just a link for online documentation. That's fine, but the URL gives me a blank page!

It's probably the most self-explanatory controller I could imagine, but I've not been able to work out what the MODE button does - anyone?

2. willisnz

willisnz NI Product Owner

The Z1 Manual is saved in the following location on a Mac;
    Applications> Native Instruments> Traktor 2> Documentation> Traktor Kontrol Z1

3. Karlos Santos

Karlos Santos Rocket Man Moderator

The Mode button acts as a Shift Button to give a second function to certain buttons.

All in the manual.

4. johyde

johyde NI Product Owner

yeah, worked it out once could finally find the manual. One thing though - using it + the cue buttons as play/pause doesn't seem to work on TraktorDJ (though it does in Traktor Pro) - can anyone else check this?

5. Karlos Santos

The cue buttons cannot be used as Play buttons in TDJ.
    This is only possible in TPRO. It's a shame, I'd like that functionality. I'll ask if it's possible.

The Filter buttons have a secondary function (Mode Button) to control the selected FX in TDJ.

Karlos

6. johyde

johyde NI Product Owner

Hi again Karlos. Yes, please ask. It does specifically say that it does work with TDJ in the (separate section) in the manual. It seems more useful functionality with TDJ than TP, as with TP you've got other options (my X1 off eBay arrrived today), but with TDJ not.

7. Karlos Santos

Yeah I think this will be implemented in a future version.
    It is in the manual you are correct.

8. johyde

johyde NI Product Owner

hope so - it'd be really useful!

9. kieranbowley

kieranbowley Forum Member

That would be Amazing if that would work!