1. Download 190+ FREE loops and one-shots, build a track and stand to win highly limited edition MASCHINE or KOMPLETE KONTROL customised hardware in the SKETCHES remix competition over on MetaPop!

CLICK HERE!

What laptop stands do you like?

Discussion in 'KONTROL S2 / KONTROL S4' started by anenomi, Jul 17, 2011.

1. anenomi

anenomi New Member

I'm going to buy a laptop stand to gig with, and to save space at home (the S4 is big as well as beautiful). I've been looking at the crane stands, but they seem pretty expensive - any views or recommendations?

2. Neurotec

Neurotec NI Product Owner

I own the MAGMA Laptopstand 2.1 and can really recomand this to you.

-Its adjustable in allmost every way.
    -You can shove it under the most DJ Equipment. Or use the clamps to mount it somewhere.
    -Its pretty stable (but also heavy
    - You have a second holder, not only for your laptop, you can pu a small controller there.
    -Its stable enough to hold the s4 instead of the laptop.

Google for it. Laptopstand 2.1 ;)

3. crucial d

crucial d NI Product Owner

Stanton Uberstand

4. brocklambert

brocklambert Forum Member

Crane stand is king... Love mine!

5. catraxx

catraxx NI Product Owner

Crane Stand really, really owns. Wouldn't trade mine against any other.

6. oldgit

oldgit NI Product Owner

I use a projector stand

7. anenomi

anenomi New Member

Thanks for the info guys. i have checked out the uberstand from Stanton and it is half the price of the Crane stand. I might get two, one to hold my laptop, and another to hold my SL25 MK2 (space being a premium). Does anyone know if the laptop can be tilted, as all the pictures I have seen have it one position?

8. brocklambert

brocklambert Forum Member

I would seriously advise not getting the Uberstand for the uses you are describing. For one, the Uberstand is FLIMSY... really wobbles with any sort of influence, and it does not hold a heavy piece of gear well. Also, it is not adjustable at all.

You really should watch this video: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hS94_V6nGs"]‪LapTop Stands for DJs (Crane/Odyssey/Uber)- Review‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

9. DJPierre

DJPierre Forum Member

There can only be one winner; Crane that is, tried everything else but Crane rules.

10. crucial d

crucial d NI Product Owner

DJTT review is good, however I need to point out that if using the Uberstand as a LAPTOP stand, and you have other controllers, it is easily stable enough.

11. manoob

manoob Forum Member

i made my own , well i bought an cheap 1 from maplin 17£ and cut and readjusted and became better than any stand in the market.
    my stand is an shape of T but the ones out there are L shape. meaning i can use less space at the same time get an better view of my s4 from above!
    and it costed me next to nothing compare to the ones you buy in dj shops.
    T shape stand is my invention lo!
    ---
    http://www.native-instruments.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=22120&d=1297956172

picture

12. DJ MinWah

DJ MinWah New Member

I've actually used and own three brands (Odyssey Stand, Uberstand, and Crane Stand) and for the laptop usage I think you're okay with the Uberstand and then the Crane Stand but for the Novation I think you'll be better off with the Crane stand as with some of the other posts it is more firm for what you'll be using that keyboard for. Also, if you need more flexibility in being able to adjust the angle for either the laptop and/or the keyboard, then you'll probably want to spend the extra cash and get Crane stands. That's my professional opinion. My personal opinion however, I don't think anything really beats a Crane stand and trust me, I own two (DJs trip out passing by my S4/Xponent setup because of the stands alone sometimes). If you're worried about price and once again trust me, I paid full price for my first one, there's a vendor on ebay that sells $99 refurbs, which is what my second one is and is virtually indistinguishable as far as build or use from my first one. I really wouldn't want to pay full price ever again and if I can find the ebay link, I'll post it here but for the refurb price I'm consideirng getting a third one later this year. A crane stand is worth the investment if you can afford to get one. If your budget is truly less, then get the Uberstand and do enough gigs to eventually get a Crane.

13. DJ Mr. McCoy

DJ Mr. McCoy New Member

Crane stand +1