1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

Where is the new Kontrol z2?

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR PRO / TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO' started by Marc Terradas, Oct 17, 2019.

1. Marc Terradas

Marc Terradas New Member

Hi Native Instruments,

I am a user and follower of the brand Native Instruments since 2009, I currently actually have a Scratch Mixer Kontrol z2, you are currently taking out many controllers focused on electronic music DJs and Amateurs DJ's, but what about for Turntablist DJs?

For when the new Scratch Mixer?

Thank You

Marc.

2. sndrsklr

sndrsklr NI Product Owner

My guess is that it will never happen. Traktor Pro 3 has been opened for all audio interfaces which means you can use any DVS mixer you like... if you´re willing to spend the time to MIDI map everything by yourself. Maybe they´ll start supporting different hardware soon if they want to stay relevant for the DVS users, otherwise everyone will jump ship eventually. The Pioneer S9, Rane 72 or Reloop Elite are good alternatives.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Wyley

Wyley NI Product Owner

Also pioneer and numark have DVS mixers in the budget range and mixars also. I'll probably end up with a range 72

4. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

In May Anton was asking for opinions on a Z2 update, so at least at that time an updated version was under consideration
    https://www.native-instruments.com/...traktor-kontrol-z2.336039/page-3#post-1789275
    I was hoping it would be announced by the end of the year but I guess they prioritized working on the S3.

I gave up waiting and will probably get a Reloop Elite at the start of next year and stick with Serato but when I buy it i'll give it a go at using it with Traktor, do you know if post-fader fx is possible with those Serato mixers if we use them with Traktor?

5. Vinyl Tap

Vinyl Tap NI Product Owner

I want a 2-channel DVS battle mixer for use with TP3, but don’t want a Z2.

Anyone got a mapping for the DJM-S9 that they’re happy with? With the paddles working?

6. sndrsklr

And before that there was a small group of Z2 users giving input for a possible updated version, I was part of it. Started out good and there were many great ideas but eventually the communication just stopped, can´t even tell if the guys responsible for this group are still at NI. It was a nice experience though... In the comment section of an NI article on DJWORX someone "predicted" the S3 and said that would be the very last Traktor hardware. He sure was right about the S3 so I´m tending to believe the rest of his comment as well.

I can´t tell for sure but since the audio interface is supported by Traktor it should work (in theory).
    I got myself a Rane72 also with the thought of using it with Traktor but so far I only tested it on day one if the timecode worked and only used Serato since. Mostly because I just didn´t feel like developing such a complex mapping all by myself. I still use Traktor for more experimental stuff though, still digging the FX and remix decks too much to completely abandon it.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2019
  7. Vinyl Tap

Are there any limitations with the Rane 72 when used with Traktor?

Didn’t Pioneer lock down some of the fx when the S9 was used without Serato?

8. sndrsklr

The screen won’t work for sure since it’s proprietary (or at least restricted to Serato only for now) but other than that I‘m not aware of any limitations. But I guess we’ll only know for sure when a proper mapping shows up.

9. Vinyl Tap

Have you tried DVS in Traktor with the 72?

10. sndrsklr

Yeah, hooked it up like he describes it in this video and it worked right away.