1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Massive X, Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

Where's The GuitarRig Discussion?

Discussion in 'Technical Issues - KOMPLETE (Archive)' started by Roberttt, Mar 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roberttt

Roberttt New Member

Hi, Everyone and Anybody? I'm new to the forums and would like to ask anyone, where do I go to submit questions I have that relate to GuitarRig? I actually am trying to use GuitarRig2. Any and all responses will be greatly appreciated, thanks.

2. ew

ew Moderator Moderator

3. Roberttt

Roberttt New Member

GuitarRig2 & the Tempo in Tape Deck One

Right out of the box, I would like to know why you (anyone) might think it is I am having trouble with loading a file into the GuitarRig2 tape recorder 1, but getting severe distortion when I attempt to reduce (or increase) the tempo a bit? It plays the files just fine at normal (100) speed, but once I tweak the tempo control just a little bit either way, it's becomes barely discernible because do distorted, although I can tell the file's tempo has been reduced, that's about all I can tell? And two, this feature (the playback for tapedeck one in GuitarRig2) does not support MP3 files, am I right?

Last edited: Mar 28, 2009
  4. ew

ew Moderator Moderator

If you change the tempo, it's going to sound distorted. The timestretching algorithm's not as good as it could be.

And Tapedeck 1 does play .mp3s

ew

5. tamandua

tamandua New Member

Guitar Rig e Roland GR9

I´ve got a Guitar Rig 3 with Rig Control I´m trying plug it to Roland GR9 guitar synth via midi. Doesn´t function. Someone knows how it works?

6. Roberttt

Roberttt New Member

That will be helpful since I have a lot of MP3 files. But, as to the first part, I realize that the definition of changing the tempo might entail, and does, a kind of distortion, but what I hear coming out of the speakers is a far cry from a change of tempo, it's more like garbled, almost totally indecipherable noise.

7. ew

ew Moderator Moderator

Welcome=)

What exactly are you trying to do? RK's MIDI ports are there just as an interface; RK itself doesn't use MIDI.

ew

8. ew

ew Moderator Moderator

Could you post a sample of what it's doing? Use tapedeck 2 to record it.

ew

9. Roberttt

Roberttt New Member

Post an Example?

I can do that, I think, but it'll have to be tomorrow. I will try but I've never done it (which is not really an obstacle) so I'll have to do some experimenting. What do I just record the output and upload the file? Where do I place the file in this forum?

10. tamandua

tamandua New Member

How can I use RK and GR9 together, only one guitar input. I would like sometimes only the GR9 sounds or only the Guitar Rig sounds and RK processing GR9 too.

11. ew

ew Moderator Moderator

Yep. If you upload the file here, you'll need to zip it up first.
    Use the manage attachments button.

ew

12. ew

ew Moderator Moderator

I don't even see a GR9 listed in Roland's product line...

ew

13. Roberttt

Roberttt New Member

Hey EW, I've got a distored music file all zipped up and ready to go, but I can't figure out how to upload the file to this forum? Please advise.
    ---
    EW, I thought I had it figured out, I found an attachment utitlity on this system and tried linking the sound file to an email but got some kind of problem (I assume, that's the way it appeared) page, it was in German so I couldn't read it. How should I go about sending the zipped file? I'll go ahead and try it again, maybe it'll work this time?
    ---
    I tried again and got the same, I presume, error message. I don't see where the file size would be a problem since the attachment management key indicates that files can be up to 10 Mgs, and the one I am trying to attach is 6.54 Mgs. What do you think could be, a, if not the, problem?

14. Roberttt

Roberttt New Member

Are You There EW?

I've posted a number of quiries and have not had any respones to them, . . .

. . . are you still responding to questions?

15. Marc_S

Marc_S NI Product Owner

I'm sure he just missed them. Eric is extremely responsive. I'll alert him to this thread.

Marc

16. ew

ew Moderator Moderator

Zip the file up and then use the manage attachments. You don't link it to anything; you upload the file from your machine to here.

ew

17. tamandua

tamandua New Member

18. ew

ew Moderator Moderator

Use the guitar out and the mono out from your GR, and plug them into RK's inputs. Or, you can use the mix outs and control the blend from your guitar.

ew

19. tamandua

tamandua New Member

It´s the audio way to put them together. But a midi way is it possible? A GR 9 guitar midi sound send to RK doesn´t function.
    When I plug the GR9 midi in and out to RK it works like a control pedal changing the RK presets etc. The idea it´s sometimes use GR9 synth playing midi presets and other times sending only the GR9 guitar sound to RK processing. One guitar input (midi), 2 pedals together and one audio output.
    Tamandua

20. Marc_S

Marc_S NI Product Owner

Your post has lost me, I'm afraid...

Please know that the RK does not send MIDI. It has a MIDI interface built in, but the RK will never send commands in MIDI. It only uses host automation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.