1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Massive X, Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

Why wont my KK S88 work as a MIDI controller? Help please.

Discussion in 'KOMPLETE KONTROL SERIES' started by Tvliesin, Apr 1, 2020.

1. Tvliesin

Tvliesin NI Product Owner

I unplugged the USB cable completely. I have MIDI OUT hooked up on the KK and MIDI IN into my synth. That should be it. It's in standalone. My synth is on channel 1. I would think the KK would be on channel one as well but theres no buttons that light up when in standalone including the MIDI button on the keyboard.

I have used the search bar. Why is this so unintuitive?

2. JesterMgee

JesterMgee NI Product Owner

Have you read the manual? A lot of your questions are covered in there:

https://www.native-instruments.com/...NTROL_S-Series_MK2_Manual_English_2200119.pdf

upload_2020-4-2_17-18-0.png

I do not own an MK2 to test with but I believe you need to create a MIDI template in KK to store on the keyboard when you disconnect it. YOu can have as many as you like when connected to a computer but (I believe) only one is able to be stored on the keyboard itself.

3. pranaearth

pranaearth NI Product Owner

4. JesterMgee

JesterMgee NI Product Owner

Yeah issue with that info tho is it does not explain what channel things are transmitting on or how the templates apply to the thing when not connected to a computer or how the keys are being transmitted. I would assume channel 1 as the OP too but my MK1 keyboard uses whatever template I have as template 1 as the keyboards default when not connected so I would assume it is the same for the MK2, A and M series. I do know that initially it wasn't possible to change anything. No idea what the state of things are and for the last 3 months it's been dreadfully quiet around anything to do with Komplete.