Wrong advice given on forum cost me £270 thanks!

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR PRO / TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO' started by amok123, Feb 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amok123

amok123 Account Suspended

Was advised to buy a ni controller as i couldnt assign my trigger finger pads to the remix deck pads on traktor 2.5...

£270 later and im told that its not the controller, but its because i need traktor 2.6.4 or upwards

So id like to say thank you who ever gave me the wrong advice. This forum is pretty lame at times lets be honest!

So i have updated Traktor to 2.6.4. But my american audio versaport soundcard doesnt work with it. It only works with Traktor up to 2.5...

So i need to know which sound card to buy now please...

And proper help?

2. djivobutnot

djivobutnot NI Product Owner

That is not possible. The audio card is an audio card - if it works with 2.5, it will work with 2.6.4, and even with 2.6.7, which is the latest version. About mapping of the remix decks - it was introdused for other controllers than F1 after version 2.6, if I recall correctly. I don't know why you feel to be lied, it is a matter of a simple search.

3. amok123

I have spent 4 hours a day every single day for 3 weeks doing searches. 7 hours today and iv got nowhere.

So am i correct in thinking my american audio soundcard will work with traktor 2.6.4. And 2.6.4 will let me assign all 16 remix deck segments to the 16 pads?

4. tmccoy

tmccoy Forum Member

If you mean this thread where it was suggested you could buy an F1 (and I am refraining from capitals) if you didn't want to map your Trigger Finger yourself!

http://www.native-instruments.com/f...-Midi-To-Buy&p=1261089&viewfull=1#post1261089

Your choice to buy was your own - don't blame someone else for your decision not to read manuals and release notes which confirm that Remix Deck mapping was only opened up in 2.6!

I agree with djivobutnot that you should be able to get that soundcard working. Post screenshots of your Audio Device showing the drop down device selections.

Also, get Traktor 2.6.7 which is the latest version.

5. Karlos Santos

Karlos Santos Rocket Man Moderator

Who gave you the advice?
    Did you take advice without verifying if?
    What NI controller did you buy?
    Why don't you update to the version of Traktor which was announced that the remix decks were now mappable? Or better still to the latest version.

Not all functions of the remix decks are mappable and the Trigger Finger is not the best solution anyway.

Absolutely any multi in/out soundcard will work with absolutely any version of Traktor.
    Have you installed the Versaport Asio Driver?

6. amok123

I was told to get a NI controller for the desired result. Now iv got one im getting nowhere still.

Iv now updated to 2.6.4. Using Maschine mk1. With this midi map: http://blog.dubspot.com/dj-shiftee-maschine-mapping-for-traktor-giveaway/

But im still at a wall with the remix deck mapping...no matter what i can not understand why i cant set the 16 segments to the 16 pads

I have spent 7 hours at least today alone trying different maps, videos, playing around, trying to diagnose and understand

When i go on any setting, i can only select deck 4, slot 3/4/5...none of the others will select. Even then i still dont understand how to recognise the locations of segments. And also there are 3 seperate commands using each pad. Its just too complicated. I have literally spent 3 weeks solid trying now and spend hundreds of pounds. I just want the above map link but with 16 pads/segments assigned

7. amok123

Id like to add to the above...

I was told any NI would work...what i should have been told was i needed to update Traktor...not buy a NI controller!!!

Yes my choice of NI controller was my own...but if it was the version that needed upgrading, not the controller...then it was completely pointless.

I have read the manual more than once, and watched videos, and asked Traktor for help 3 times now and not recieved one single reply. It has taken me 3 weeks to get basically nowhere bar spend more money. I need help

And cool il try the Versaport soundcard with my updated version of Traktor as soon as iv got the controller pads assigned with remix deck segments...thats the last thing i need to know on it

Someone please help me. Again im at the point where il even pay for the map from the above link to be edited on the remix deck

8. tmccoy

tmccoy Forum Member

Mapping the Remix Decks is complex, and more so than the older Sample decks. I am thinking you might have existing functions from that outdated mapping that are getting in your way.

if you like, add me on Skype (tmccoy00) and maybe I can have a look in a few hours (Australia timezone)

Meanwhile, post some screenshots of the mappings you have tried to make.

9. amok123

Iv never used Skype, is there any other way you could have a look? I hear there are online programs you can control my laptop if its a posibility your welcome!

Heres a picture of my settings...notice that the mouse is hovering over a deck setting but it wont let me select it
    The mapping is exactly the same as the one on the link above...it is perfect for me, bar the remix deck mapping isnt right...

Who / how do i get this sorted please? 1782531_10202025512451639_1002680656_o.jpg

10. amok123

Its 4 am and im not sure how long is a suitable time for you. So il have to get some sleep now and reply when i wake up...

Again here is the mapping: http://blog.dubspot.com/dj-shiftee-maschine-mapping-for-traktor-giveaway/

If you or anyone could edit the remix deck settings to work for all 16 pads/slots then i will pay. Name your price

I just want to get it sorted so i can actually use and enjoy the thing"

11. DJ Freshfluke

DJ Freshfluke Traktor Mod Moderator

i'm really losing my patience now!

a) I told you to buy a F1, if you want to use the remix decks, since even setting up a soundcard made you struggling.
    b) in the thread where you mention the FIRST TIME that you're using 2.5, i'm asking you why! and why am i asking? RIGHT, because it's on the one hand cumbersome, when a new member uses an ancient version and on the other hand, because it wont work.

you may have asked NATIVE INSTRUMENTS. not traktor. AND: i TOLD YOU REPEATEDLY to hand me your ticket number. didnt happen.

*closed*

one more BS thread and you'll get an infraction. i'm really done now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.