XDJ-1000mk2 Support ... Please!

Discussion in 'Feature Request' started by frankle, Apr 17, 2018.

1. [chris b]

[chris b] NI Product Owner

This. Never going to happen.

• Like Like x 1
  2. DJ-Andre

DJ-Andre NI Product Owner

Sander @ NI or Friedemann @ NI :
    Any news on this? People are waiting for support. It's better to be honest if it's not, or no longer, on the road map. People are waiting forever now ;)

3. [chris b]

NI have already stepped back from a firm commitment. You're not going to get one now.

Two options: Sell the Mk2's and buy something that is Traktor ready or move to Rekordbox. Waiting on an update that is never going to happen is pointless.

• Like Like x 2
  4. hellnegative

hellnegative NI Product Owner

5. [chris b]

6. Wyley

Wyley NI Product Owner

It's a better than nothing nail in the coffin.

7. Chayan @ NI

Chayan @ NI NI Team NI Team

Hey folks,
    It's gonna happen for both XDJ 700/1000MK2 ;)

• Like Like x 10
  8. chilly

chilly Returning Customer

Pretty sure you should have marked this post NSFW lol

• Like Like x 1
  9. jimmyjamesh

jimmyjamesh NI Product Owner

whats the timeline? sold my xdj's and got an xdj-xz but still have a xdj-700 to try it on

xdj-xz support might be nice too...?

10. MichaelKMusic

MichaelKMusic NI Product Owner

What this is crazy !! Woot !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. andyfoz

andyfoz NI Product Owner

im gonna guess this is because the xdj 1000 mk3 is getting released at nam in january.

will you be able to beat jump on the xdj700?

• Like Like x 2
  12. MichaelKMusic

Lets get a released date now I want to test it out !! :D

• Like Like x 1
  13. andyfoz

andyfoz NI Product Owner

wont you guys miss the hot cue pads / beat jump / loop hardware buttons too much, i dont think i could go back to this age of djing even though this is mega exciting for trakor on all kinds of levels!

• Like Like x 1
  14. MichaelKMusic

I think we have waited long enough for this please give us a solid release date NI

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. Wyley

Wyley NI Product Owner

If I can make one suggestion pls.

Can you add and fx icon on the screen that takes you to an x-y pad page so that the end users could map fx to it? That would make those player a little bit more fun with a Traktor twist. Everybody likes Traktor fx.

16. ErikMinekus

ErikMinekus NI Product Owner

Wyley no, that's not how HID works. Traktor can only send information to the player, and then the player displays it. You can't add new functionality on the display.

17. Wyley

Wyley NI Product Owner

I know that pioneer controls the layout to keep the data stream simple. Maybe I should of said, could you ask pioneer to add an Icon?

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  18. dj_estrela

dj_estrela NI Product Owner

This has taken far too much time.
    Lets not delay it further with waiting for third parties to deliver extra requests, no mater how small.

What is essential is getting the jogs tight in HID.

Once this is delivered there are a lot of other popular pioneer jogs to get in traktor, namely the ddj-1000 and xdj-xz.

• Like Like x 1
  19. andyfoz

andyfoz NI Product Owner

i used to own an xdj1000, the hot cue system is a total nightmare could never get used to it, even deleting hotcues seemed overly complicated. all the performance features are on the touch screen also. Give me a controller any day or support the sc5000/m which really is a proper fit for traktor.

20. Chayan @ NI

Chayan @ NI NI Team NI Team

Setting hotcues and deleting on XDJs are mapped according to our Traktor experience. It's kept as 'punch in and store hotcues' and not having to deal w/ pressing rec and then storing them :)

In general, If you look at Traktor's transport section - it has been designed for performers and all of you who have been pushing the envelope. I still believe that the loop interaction we have on our controllers let's you loop in real time - in the best way possible without having to set loop size on one place and having to click on another button to exit loop. Wouldn't you all agree? ;)

• Like Like x 5