1. Please do not install macOS 10.15 Catalina yet, as Native Instruments software and hardware products are not supported under macOS 10.15 yet. For more info, please go HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Xponent Anyone?

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR 3' started by djk-tel, May 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clavis

clavis NI Product Owner

@freeaker

as far as I know,

#1 the 3.2 tks isnt compatible to 2.6

#2 you need to tweak the Rotary Settings in traktors Midi-Set up, maybe you get a better performance by disabling Rotary and enabling analog Fader? Try it out!

I can send the tks to you, certainly. Go to my hp, click Mail and send me a email, please.

clavis

2. david1978pdx

david1978pdx Forum Member

Hello all!

I finally found a great user review of the Xponent on Amazon.co.uk.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/M-Audio-Torq-Xponent-performance-Production/dp/B000RI31YC

I wish I could find the bloke's e-mail address and ask him a few more detailed questions about using the Xponent with Traktor. This is the most thorough, not canned by the manufacturer, review I have found yet. Hope this is to everyone's benefit.

Cheers!

3. clavis

clavis NI Product Owner

Yes, the Platters (or Jog-Wheels) are great.

4. h00lah00la

h00lah00la NI Product Owner

5. mimik

mimik New Member

i purchased the xponent a couple days ago and as far as i can say, i'm really happy with the way it works!.. it was worth the money and the wait!.. so anyways i tried to map the controls to traktor and i could not get the picth bend/scratch function to work.. i set the type to 'rotary' but it still wouldn't get assigned.. the others functions were quite easy!.. so is there something that i'm missing?..

6. david1978pdx

david1978pdx Forum Member

7. h00lah00la

h00lah00la NI Product Owner

8. DJ-RJ

DJ-RJ NI Product Owner

Does anybody know of a place that might have a tutorial for setting up Xponent with Traktor?

I have not been able to get them communicating yet...

Thanks!

DJ-RJ

9. rocdollar

rocdollar NI Product Owner

The M-Audio telephone support are meant to be very helpful. Do you have the latest device drivers downloaded for it?

10. boysteve

boysteve NI Product Owner

The new REMIX magazine has a review of the Xponent, and a traktor .tks file for it is supposed to be at http://www.remixmag.com

11. 2manyTHRILLS

2manyTHRILLS Forum Member

Computer Music magazine issue 117 gives it 6/10, there verdict is:

FOR
    - Quick and easy setup
    - Supports Rewire
    - Makes mixing dead easy

AGAINST
    - Sometimes a little too easy
    - Doesn’t feel that great
    - Only two virtual decks
    - Expensive
    - Effects and scratching are lacklustre

The magazine reviewed this product using torq so the overall performance may be better when used with Traktor. To me though this just looks very tacky and more of a toy than a competitive mixing product and I do not want to start any flaming here but, could not take any DJ seriously who was using one!..... sorry.

12. hamzter

hamzter Forum Member

I think xponent is great solution, but the problem with m-Audio is that alot of their stuff is plastic... I would leave it in the studio... not take it on the road... and yes it is an all in one midi/audio solution, which is awesome... I just wish they make it more beefy...

13. rocdollar

Is it possible to get the LED's working in Traktor for this unit yet?

14. rocdollar

Also, has anyone tried it using a USB 1.1 connection? Any drop-outs or problems?

15. elhean

elhean New Member

Traktor 3.3

In Traktor 3.3 there is output control type in midi setup, so i think that it can be the solution for a led lights problem. In traktor manual there is an explanation saying that this setting is exactly what we need, a way to send midi messages in order to light control leds on xponent.

The only thing is how to find where do You need to send those midi output messages if You want Your xponent to light up by commands sent by Traktor.

16. elhean

elhean New Member

No ideas for LEDs yet?

17. djfitty

djfitty Forum Member

Is anyone using the xponent live at gigs? If so, how is it? Are the jog wheels any good? I'm about to purchase the vci-100 but I keep looking at this beast. It seems to have more buttons in the right place than the vci......

thanks in advance.

18. elhean

elhean New Member

I'm using it for 2 months now.

I really enjoy using it. Sliders are bit to easy to move, so in a dark club You can move them with clumsy quick move. Bit more smooth resistance could be helpfull...

Other than that, there is a plenty of buttons, on all places including all the really good ones. Buttons and knobs are illuminated with leds and really visible in all conditions... Never clipped, never crashed...

With a bit of adjusting right buttons for right actions for your taste, it is a great machine. Torq is a good software, but i find Traktor much better.

Jog wheels are really good. Smooth, but not loose, touch sensitive, responsive, just heavy enough, but not to heavy.

Best part is that U get audio interface in it, so no need for other boxes around.

If overall feel was bit less plasticky, and sliders and knobs were tighter, I could say it is a perfect machine. Like thise, there is a room for version 2.

19. djfitty

djfitty Forum Member

Thanks for the info Elhean, was very helpful.

20. djfitty

djfitty Forum Member

Its time for me to upgrade. Its seems the market for midi-devices is at a stall. I'm gonna buy either the vci-100 or the xponent on Saturday if all goes well. I want something I can scratch with the jogg wheels plus alot of extra buttons. Looks are not that important to me. Tough choice cause neither one is perfect. Both are a big improvement from my almighty hercules. Well 2 days to think on it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.