Your most requested feature out of most requested features...

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by DynaMaltee, Oct 1, 2018.

1. District Onagi

District Onagi NI Product Owner

NI staff haunt these forum regularly, they just don't say anything. What is there for them to say? After all this time, they are in an indefensible position. NI obviously has money and resources but they aren't putting into where Maschine needs it most.

NI is either unwilling or unable to improve Maschine in a meaningful way. They definitely read the posts though. Either way, both possible realities right now are bad for us.

• Like Like x 2
  2. tempsperdu

tempsperdu NI Product Owner

The*cough* reality looks to be both abysmal and indefensible. The contollers in the main remain good and as a basis to improve on Maschine / Komplete still have great potential but their focus is very much elsewhere and in a way that possibly doesn't bode well for anybody in this eco system. A crying shame. Like I say they don't listen as has been proved over and over, even if they read or hear it

Last edited: Oct 3, 2018
  3. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

It's tricky when we personify a huge company like it's a single individual. I believe they do read some stuff but I don't believe that it has any impact on development priorities at all. Objectives and roadmaps won't be affected by a couple hundred forum users even if those forum users do reflect the majority of the userbase (which is not always the case and can be hard to assess if it is)

Let's say 99% of the NI office agrees with the majority of the forum perspective on a specific topic, what does that matter if it's the other 1% of the Office that makes the final decision and the others are just obligated to their job? If I worked at NI I would probably not agree on many decisions, still, I would have to do my job to get the bills paid and I would probably abstain from engaging in the forum or any sort of public discussion.

• Like Like x 2
  4. tempsperdu

To be honest there are times where it appears to be acting like a single individual and unfortunately one whose role models appear to be Adobe and Fred Goodwin

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

Adobe is rather successful so business wise I see nothing wrong with that... The difference here is Adobe's Pro software was already pretty advanced when they made the switch you're referring to.

6. tempsperdu

A great many of it's users are not exactly happy with it and certainly don't view it as 'democratising' Yes and they weren't peddling clip art or they probably wouldn't be here now..................... bit like Fred Goodwin really...........

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. machinesworkinghardforyou

machinesworkinghardforyou NI Product Owner

Even using a DAW with Maschine is harder than other drum/percussion oriented sequencers... I actually get a little repulsed every time I think about this, Maschine is a sequencer sketch pad, oriented towards drums, without the ability to have anything but one time signature? This is core program level failure, there is no polite way to put this.
    They developed a decent mixing setup in Maschine, decent routing, I don't feel I'm hard to please, but I'm just dumbfounded. I'm no fan of AKAI, they don't support their older MPK series of keyboards with MPC2, it's the same level of BS that NI do with not developing drivers for older hardware of theirs, they have the same ridiculous timed downloads of software you bought from them that IK Multimedia do, but at least tempo and time signature changes in a dedicated percussion sequencer is not an afterthought, non existent etc.

To be honest I'm just not feeling NI anymore, I've been a customer for over ten tears now and they continue to release 'almost great' things. There's only a few pieces of their software you can count on them making, you remember Spektral Delay? why did they decide to not update it for the latest OS's? How is that justified when a small company like Ohm Force continue to update software like Preditohm which is at this point probably used by 5 people?

So yeah, my most requested feature is not going to be addressed anytime soon, what was it? 2010 that Maschine came out? This is core level failure, things that rarely get addressed development wise, like Abletons 128 parameter limit, Logics non port based virtual instrument MIDI issue, Digital Performers lack of MIDI object oriented editing, etc. etc.

Anyway I'm trying to not be 'one of those' people who knock gear others love, I'm just shocked that this isn't a bigger issue, and gauging that it isn't I'm resigning to use other software, and Maschine within it's limitations, because my guess is it gets better side chaining long before it gets a better Song window.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Mr36

Mr36 NI Product Owner

Plenty. I just use different Pattern lengths.

9. HammyHavoc

HammyHavoc NI Product Owner

2009. April 1st. That's when it came out. Not even joking.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Uwe303

Uwe303 NI Product Owner

So my most requested feature is: that native opens up the driver so that 3rd party developers can programm a software/daw that has deep integration with the hardware. And not cause I don't like maschine just to have something else to use.

Uwe

• Like Like x 1
  11. HammyHavoc

This would be amazing. Will never happen though.

12. Florian Drechsler

Florian Drechsler NI Product Owner

MHM i think we get the Maschine 3.0 Software not before 10 Years aniversery..

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. HammyHavoc

If that ends up being their plan then for NI's sake it had better deliver.

14. wetdentist

wetdentist NI Product Owner

maybe there won't ever be a Maschine 3.0 just like there was never a Kore 3.0. you never know. maybe NI is starting to think that Maschine software development is too hard & not worth it. heck, i bought Kore 2.0 less than a year before it was discontinued, all the while NI was still promoting the .ksd as the end-all-be-all file format to unite all of NI's stuff, the future of music.

my most requested top feature is, of course, Song Layer, mainly because that was the feature that NI said was just about ready to be released as the Jam was being hyped, and i bought it hook, line & sinker. lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. tempsperdu

I'm beginning to think this though I do believe that is because it will be replaced / superceded by something else.
    Something that may or may not be worthwhile..................................................if any of us are still using NI by then because it's not looking too likely

Last edited: Oct 5, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  16. Uwe303

Uwe303 NI Product Owner

I really fear that - but then I would never buy any native stuff again, and switch back to reason with my Nektar p1 and my keyboard isn't the worst choice.

Uwe

• Like Like x 1
  17. machinesworkinghardforyou

machinesworkinghardforyou NI Product Owner

Not fond of work arounds that defy traditional song structure. I use it in a DAW, it conforms to the DAWs time signature when used as a plug in, so different pattern lengths are in the right metre, and import MIDI to that DAW etc. to write.
    What would be cool? if Maschine had actual metre changes in it's timeline, no work arounds. :)

• Like Like x 1
  18. OlivierFromGre

OlivierFromGre NI Product Owner

My personnal most request feature:
    "Live recording of Mutes, Solos, Scene and Pattern changes."
    This would be a real game changer / time saver for song arrangement!

• Like Like x 3
  19. Olihop

Olihop NI Product Owner

I think the real time stretch in the sampler will come up with the next update 2.7.9 or 2.8

20. macchinista

macchinista NI Product Owner

+1