MASSIVE X – YOUR QUESTIONS ANSWERED
1. Is it a REAKTOR/KONTAKT instrument?
MASSIVE X is a VST, AU, AAX instrument, it doesn't run in REAKTOR or KONTAKT.
2. Does it replace MASSIVE?
MASSIVE X and MASSIVE will coexist, ensuring ongoing MASSIVE compatibility for your existing DAW projects and access to your favorite MASSIVE sounds.
3. Can it open MASSIVE presets?
MASSIVE X is an entirely new instrument, with new features, and a completely new sound engine, so there’s no cross compatibility between MASSIVE X and MASSIVE.
4. Is it modular – can I design my own synth?
No, MASSIVE X is not modular. But you can swap different DSP components (oscillators, filters, effects, envelopes, LFOs, and more).
5. Are there only two oscillators?
You can have up to five. There are two primary wavetable oscillators, each augmented with a phase modulation oscillator, and it’s also possible to have up to three additional oscillators by using insert oscillators via the ‘IFX’ section
6. Is there a discount for existing MASSIVE owners?
Yes! And if you already own KOMPLETE 12 (or ULTIMATE, or the COLLECTOR’S EDITION), you will receive MASSIVE X automatically as soon as it’s released.
7. What do gorillas have to do with wavetable synthesis?